H/J Onscreen Caller ID poll

Does Caller ID work on your H/J system?

• Caller ID works all the time for me.

Votes: 25 55.6%
  • Caller ID works off and on for me.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Caller ID doesn't work for me.

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I don't use or have Caller ID, or don't plug in a phone line.

Votes: 9 20.0%

• Total voters

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
I'm curious as to how widespread the problem is, just with the Hopper/Joey system, so:

Caller ID works all the time for me.

Caller ID works off and on for me.

Caller ID doesn't work for me.

I don't use or have Caller ID, or don't plug in a phone line.

Works all the time now (since about 6/29 as far as I can tell from the log). Prior to that on only one of my two Hoppers (other one never had an issue) it would work, not work, work very randomly.

Hasn't worked for me from day 1. Had DirecTV before and that worked fine, plus works fine with caller ID on phone itself, just not on my Hopper. POS.

Works great on my hopper joeys if its not working on yours you might need to make sure its enabled on the joeys.

Joey works on screen but no history of calls show up?
I've had to do a soft reset once to get it back. Compared to the 922 Hopper's perfect.

4 Hoppers, 3 visits from 2 different techs, countless hours of phone support, never worked one time. Worked flawless on my previous 722 in the same location.

That's a bummer. I sure expect Caller ID to work when/if I upgrade to H/J. I suspect they'll fix it eventually, but then again, it's not a core requirement. <sigh>

My Caller ID has worked from day 1 on my Hopper and Joeys. The telephone line is only connected to the Hopper....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts