H/J OTA poll

What effect has OTA on your H/J adoption?

• I will probably go with Hopper/Joey in the near term and don’t care about OTA

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I will probably go with Hopper/Joey in the near term and count on OTA being added later

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I will wait until a single tuner OTA is released before considering moving to Hopper/Joey

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • I will wait until at least 2 OTA tuners are supported before considering moving to Hopper/Joey

Votes: 9 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
This is NOT a thread to discuss 2 Hopper seamless integration, or fees, or any other H/J adoption concerns. It is solely to quantify the effect the lack of immediate OTA support is having on early adoption. If you are holding back for other reasons, this is not the poll for you.

For me, although I don't record much OTA, I view it as necessary, especially as I am grandfathered with no locals. Even if I were to be forced to take and pay for locals from Dish if I moved to H/J, I'd still need OTA for those rare occasions when I want to record something from PBS in HD, or certain other programming. Of course, I have OTA DVRs also. And there are a LOT of OTA channels/subchannels around here not carried by Dish. But the all in one approach is simplest.

Inspired by a similar thread started by Scott. But I wanted to get some stats. After all, I am a [strike]numbers guy[/strike] beancounter. :p

-I will probably go with Hopper/Joey in the near term and don’t care about OTA
-I will probably go with Hopper/Joey in the near term and count on OTA being added later
-I will wait until a single tuner OTA is released before considering moving to Hopper/Joey
-I will wait until at least 2 OTA tuners are supported before considering moving to Hopper/Joey

Since I currently use TiVo for OTA I do not need hopper to do OTA. But, Dish also carries my locals in HD, so I am covered there. My use of TiVo goes back to the early 922 days when it would lose OTA recordings if there was one signal glitch in a recording (it has been fixed since but all my timers were already on TiVo). Also with TiVo I can download shows to my PC without copy protection.

You didn't put in the option that describes me. "I will ABSOLUTELY go with the Hopper/Joey, and I don't give a rat's ass about OTA."

I'll count that as selecting the first choice. ;)

If another situation "that shall remain nameless";) involving Hopper is cleared up, I'd go with number 2 since I found locals now have more on their sub channels.

Wireless Joey?

No HD for Root Sports in Pittsburgh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)