H10 and non-HD picture

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wongloo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 7, 2005
With the help of this forum, I got my HD installed. Thanks everyone! Got a great deal too. Here's a question. I ordered from D* and got the H10. The HD broadcasts look fantastic! However, the regular non-HD channels look sort of blurry. I don't watch them in full screen because I don't like the stretched distortion. I watch it in 1080i/16:9 pillar (via the Format button), with the black bars on the sides. I tried all the pillar settings (480, 720) and they all look the same. Does anyone else have this problem, or is it my imagination after watching the incredible HD? What setting should be used?

Thanks.

Does this model have simultaneous output of s-video outputs and HD outputs? If so, run an s-video line and when you are watching SD program use that with 480i and use your HD out in native mode.

H10 non HD picture

Having the same problem with my new H10 box.

Not sure if box has simultaneous s video and HD outputs. Will check tonight.

Does anyone know if this solution actually works. Or does anyone have any additional solutions.

Very dissapointed with non HD signal. I feel like I took a step back by upgrading to HD.

I am using the HDMI output and the picture quality appears to be better than when I had S-Video or Component hooked up. It may just be me though. I have the Mitsubishi WD-62525. HDMI cables are pretty reasonable at www.cableclub.com if you have that type of input available on your set.

I have had the H10 for about 2 months now. I get great HD quality and SD is good also. A lot better than what i was getting with my Samsung 360. Using component cables only for both SD and HD.

Exuse my ignorance on this subject I am a novice.

Are you saying that you are using two different connections one for HD and one for SD? I'm currently using one component connection for both HD and SD.

I'm the original poster for this thread.

"Are you saying that you are using two different connections one for HD and one for SD? I'm currently using one component connection for both HD and SD."

Yes, you can do this with the multiple video inputs on your TV. The H10 has S VIdeo, Component, and HDMI inputs. I tried hooking up the S Video and the Component. To me, the SD picture was about the same for both, with the Component hookup a lit bit better than the S Video, so I took it apart and am back to using Component for both SD and HD. I'm just living with it now, and have gotten used to it. It's not all equal. Some SD pictures look better/worse than others. I think maybe the fact that you watch HD with its incredible resolution and clarity makes non-HD pictures look worse than they are. I've ordered an HDMI cable and will be trying that when I get it. Will post the result.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts