H10 and Thunderstorm

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DLS

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Herndon, VA
Had a severe thunderstorm this evening and lost power twice within a minute or so. Once power was restored, the H10 went into set-up mode, but couldn't find any satellites---all transponders show as n/a. In the menu tab that shows all current settings there was a comment about replacing the card when a new one was received. This makes me think the card is fried. I tried reset, unplug power for 30 minutes, etc., but nothing seemed to work.

Am I correct in assuming that I need to get a new card from DirecTV? Or is there something else I can try to get it working again?

Fortunately, I could switch my OTA feed directly to the TV so that my wife could watch the NCAA games. But she will suffer from severe withdrawal if she can't watch ESPN for any length of time.

Regards, Dan

Source of problem found.

We must of had some huge wind gusts last night, because when I went outside this morning after the weather cleared, the dish was pointing straight up in the air. The J-mast connection to the base mounting bracket had rotated almost 90 degrees. I will really tighten down those bolts this time.

So the signal going simultaneously with the power hits was just a freak coincidence.

Regards, Dan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)