H20-100 firmware force

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aa9vi

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
I have 0x2021 firmware on my H20-100 and it is HORRIBLE! The box responds to commands from the remote 2-3 seconds later. The guide page up and down is also seriously lagging causing multiple pages to change unexpectedly. Maybe some of you have seen this. I read that you can force a beta firmware download by hitting reset and then 02468. I read somewhere else that you can only do it during a special download window. One user said 11p-2a. I don't know if that was a specific day, but what do I need to do to force the beta firmware download onto my H20-100? It is honestly one of the worst pieces of garbage I ever used and I need to replace it ASAP. The DTV CSR's and tech support have no clue what is going on.... at least the 4 that I talked to in the last 2 months.

When can I force the download, and is the number sequence for the H20-100 correct? If not, please help me out on this.

Thanks.

you can't unless there is new CE, you can force it to load the last national release
restart box from menu, and press 0 8 2 4 6 and that should start it

I'm mostly happy with the DTV, but the H20 series of boxes was obviously a big catastrophe on their part (heat issues with -600, return rate on boxes, firmware issues... etc). I've been through 3 boxes. Everything was working fine until they force fed me that 0x2021 manure. Don't they actually test this stuff before releasing it? It's an obvious problem that has went unaddressed for over a month now.

When's the next download window? I'm sure others will jump on it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts