Note:This is for the H20 - NON-DVR
----------------------------------------------------------------
H20 - CE07194
H20-600 Version: 0x202?

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday; July 13, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM EST
Saturday; July 14, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM EST

Current Probability: 95%

Be sure to monitor the Living on the Edge forum HERE at Satellite Guys for changes in probability and go status!

Warnings!!!!

-) This is a MAJOR upgrade for the H20. And this CE is not to be taken lightly. If you decide to download this CE, it is not a simple rollback to the national version.

What this CE contains: (with relation to last National Release)

* Items from 0x200C/E
* Items from CE07166
* Items from CE07173
* Items from CE07180
* Items from CE07194

Improved

* ATSC (OTA) channel scanning improved for H20-600
* Spontaneous reboots cause by inconsistant power
* Spontaneous reboots while watching MPEG2 HD
* HDMI compatibility
* Additional HDMI compatibility
* Improved ATSC handling

Updated

* AutoTune while in standby
* Sat 99 incorrectly displayed during guided setup

New feature(s)

* Interactive functionality

Notes

* With this CE it is difficult (not impossible, but difficult) to rollback to the national release version
* This CE improves on the reported issues in the previous CE's
* This CE improves on the reported issues in the previous CE's
* This CE improves on the reported issues in the preivious CE's

Known Issues

* HDCP On-Screen Display appears on Sony TV when using HDMI connection
* HDMI audio lost on DELL TV when TV reboots

I get the message on a ViewSonic monitor on HR20-700 when using HDMI to DVI. The monitor is not HDCP compliant but it worked for the longest time until they started to monkey with the HDCP.

I downloaded the CE tonight. I dont use the H20 much and I can see why. I really think that old GUI is tough to look at. I am more used to the new White GUI on the HR20 but going back, the new white GUI is much much better.

Not used to the H20 but I am finding channel changing and navigation quite slow. Anyone seeing this too?

Hello All,

Just wanted to give my two cents on the July 14 CE on H20-600 (0x2024). I've been using it for the last month or so, and it's been a very positive experience. As FYI, I'm running this receiver on a 42" Phillips Plasma, with a generic HDMI cable from Newegg.

This is my first CE upgrade since the current national release, dating back to July 4th, 2006 (but unsure of date). This CE upgrade has gone really well... the random restarts and crashes on HD channels are gone (thus far, knock on wood). I also like the enabled use of scrolling on the mix channels and the "what's hot" feature (that also has gone w/out crashes thus far).

A few changes that i didn't like from the original, national release:

- manually changing the channel by typing it in cannot use the select key to force an instant change (you either have to use a 4 digit channel # or wait a few sec after typing in the 3 digits)... a nuisance that i'm sure can be an easy fix

- channel changing and overall menu responsiveness is still VERY slow. i haven't noticed a change in responsiveness (either direction) from the national release... i would call it about the same, but it's still annoying. Even moving around on the system menu and guide is slow.

- there's been a clear change in the font on the GUI menus... this new font seems more "Courier-like" (more blocky) than the font in my original update (the current national release)

- no "improved, white GUI" that everyone on here is raving about. I haven't seen this GUI, but with all of the positive comments, why hasn't the h20-600 seen it yet?

Other than above, i'm really happy with this CE update.

Thanks!

PS Kudos to the site... it's been a great resource!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts