SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 12, 2005
Hartford Connecticut
From DBSTalk.Com

LE Risks and Guidelines
How to Force Download an LE Release

Be sure to monitor the Living on the Edge forum HERE at Satellite Guys for changes in probability and go status!

HR20-700 {CE:08:02} 0x186 - Announcement
Systems in this CE / Version
HR20-700 {CE:08:02} - 0x186

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday; August 10, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday; August 11, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Current Probability: 95%
Be sure to monitor the threads and chat room to check on final availability

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Contents of the Release: (Differences based of 0x17E National Release)
  • Items from CE:08:01
  • Items from CE:08:02

Improved
  • Improved handling of local networking issues
  • Super Pillar (top and bottom pillars, squishing image) while in NATIVE mode: resolved
  • Improved Jump Back
  • Search Results always placing HD ahead of SD
  • MPEG-4 Trickplay improvements
  • Improved handling of ATSC tranmissions errors to improve OTA/ATSC compatibility
  • Stability

Updated
  • Removed left menu from "Search By Channel", once Channel has been selected

New feature(s)
  • MPEG Audio support for GameLounge
  • When in Search dialogs; Color buttons will allow you to toggle between different types of Search
  • Added DELETE option to Playlist
  • Added DELETE option to ToDo List
  • Added Resume/Start Over options for playback of recordings

Notes
  • VOD is not enabled in this version (I know you where going to ask)
  • Resolutions to issues identified/introduced in 0x184

Note #2
My apologizes for the first CE, and not properly documenting in the first release notes, that there was a major under-the-hood software update, that are part of some future offerings. 0x184, did carry a slightly higher risk of issues... This version is built off 0x184, so carries the same risk as compared to the National Release... but not as much as the 0x184.

Last edited:
Notes to be updated later in week. No word on VOD but there is always a slight chance. If not, this should be a last tweak or 2 before. If anyone gets word before I post, please share the wealth.

Giants game on little TV. Remote in one hand, Bud Light in the other 186 is downloading...yep...I'm set.

I am watching Patriots in HD. Not great production but its HD for a pre-season game. When it gets real bad, gonna switch to Bills game. Good thing I have an HR20-100 too. Not many updates so its my workhorse while I pound the -700.

I am watching Patriots in HD. Not great production but its HD for a pre-season game. When it gets real bad, gonna switch to Bills game. Good thing I have an HR20-100 too. Not many updates so its my workhorse while I pound the -700.

Update .....Processing , processing , processing.

Bills game is over ..

Jimbo

Hmm, the vision of you pounding your HR20-700.!protest

Did you have yours last fall too, I remember that being quite the norm last August :)

I got my HR20-700 on the day it was publicly released through Value Electronics. We were supposed to get them earlier but Best Buy had some deal with Directv that blocked them. Mine worked fairly well since inception but I treated it as a test box. I kept my recordings on the HR10-250's. I used the HR20 for things like HDNet and some other non-critical programs. I duped up more around October as I felt it was more stable. It then became more reliable in January 2007 and thats when I started having faith. So its been pretty good but yep, saw it go from WTF is this thing to man, this is an awesome HD DVR.

Highly responsive. Great trickplay improvements.

Side note: I downgraded this box to 17E this week. During downgrade, I lost my guide info. (Same thing happened during last week's CE). This CE did not wipe out the guide data.

Bud Light #3 is ready. How 'bout you brewer?

I dont know whats up but I don't have the Media Center / VIIV stuff listed in my menu.

When I go in and do a test it tells me I can connected to the network and internet.

Strage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)