H20-600 Double channel listing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Redwood

Original poster
Jan 27, 2006
Vista, CA
When I punch in local channel #8, I get a screen with "not available". Pressing up/down channel will bring the D* standard def. ch 8 in. How do I eliminate the extra channel 8 that does not provide picture?
For reference, I did complete reset to factory specs using on screen menu. It eliminated the extra other locals, but not that one.

Depending on how you ran your initial setup you can see the OTA standard channels, the OTA digital channels and the DBS channel versions of your locals in the EPG.

I do not have the H20, but on my HD receiver you can either: SKIP the OTA channels setup portion or after setup you can go in and hide the OTA channels in the EPG as opposed to "show all".

U cannot eliminate the channel
even if you delete from the favorite list, it will still tune to it when you press the 8 on the remote

Only thing to do is hammer directv and scream at them to update the firmware code in the H20 so when you press 8 it will not tune to that channel

Why do the manufacturers always take steps back from the models they already had out when they introduce a new series? Many of the "older" HD units will only tune to the channels listed in the favorites or channels that are not hidden; doing otherwise is simply crazy. This is as bad (in this day & age) as not having digital audio out or a minimum of 2 sets of outputs on every model.

Redwood said:
When I punch in local channel #8, I get a screen with "not available". Pressing up/down channel will bring the D* standard def. ch 8 in. How do I eliminate the extra channel 8 that does not provide picture?
Go into Antenna setup and try putting in zip codes from 2 cities that you don't live in. Then reboot the receiver and redownload the guide.

That may or may not help.

I have an OTA antenna hooked up, and receive the local digital transmissions. What I want to do is delete the channel duplicate that is from directv, but has no picture. Perhaps that channel is the one I would normally receive in MPEG4, if I had the AT9 dish. I have the 3 lnb dish.

Redwood said:
... What I want to do is delete the channel duplicate that is from directv, but has no picture. Perhaps that channel is the one I would normally receive in MPEG4...
Do you currently receive any locals from D* (either SD or HD)? Or do you have the "No Locals" (from D*) option?

I receive all the locals SD, none HD. The HD locals I get OTA. Channel 8 is the only channel that comes up "not available" when I press 8. 10, 39, 15 etc all come up with the Directv SD channel with no problem.

I tried rebooting with 2 different zips, and then return to local. Now I have 3 stations with the exta channel with no picture. I now assume it is the channel I would get if I had the new 5 LNB dish. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Redwood said:
I tried rebooting with 2 different zips, and then return to local. Now I have 3 stations with the exta channel with no picture. I now assume it is the channel I would get if I had the new 5 LNB dish. Thanks for all the suggestions.

I have the 5 LNB dish and I get the same error message on the screen. When the local HD's were rolled out in San Diego (Apr 19th) only NBC & ABC were getting the HD feeds. Now CBS (channel 8) has just come online(well kinda according to the D* website).

I can get NBCHD and ABCHD no problem. So I'm assuming D* is working out the kinks for CBS. Now we (San Diego) only need FOXHD and I'll be :) till 07.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)