H20: CE07167 - 0x2019 June 15 & 16

Status
Please reply by conversation.

OneBigJedi

SatelliteGuys Guru
Dec 12, 2005
Anyone Got H20-600 to Upgrade?

Has anyone got a H20-600 to upgrade? If so, does it seems to fix to slow guide menu
? Any other improvements?

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
I did the download last night.So far I've not noticed any problems,but channel changing being a little to jumpy. Meaning sometimes it will skip a channel.,Or pushing buttons on the remote seem to cause you to double click a number..The time and date are fine,active function works,and the guide scrolls now just like the HR-20.The Channel displays are different,but for the better. The words are bigger and brighter. Other wise all is good.I'll let everyone know if and when I have a problem.

Smthkd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 1, 2004
ATLANTA
I did the download last night.So far I've not noticed any problems,but channel changing being a little to jumpy. Meaning sometimes it will skip a channel.,Or pushing buttons on the remote seem to cause you to double click a number..The time and date are fine,active function works,and the guide scrolls now just like the HR-20.The Channel displays are different,but for the better. The words are bigger and brighter. Other wise all is good.I'll let everyone know if and when I have a problem.
This descibes the same effects I get!!!

OneBigJedi

SatelliteGuys Guru
Dec 12, 2005
Does Menu Colors change?

My H20-700 now has a Blue/white menu look. Does the H20-600 have this new look? I have heard that the H20-100 does have the new look. Just wondering about the H20-600. I have one that really needs some help. By the why is there any other dates for the download?

Brewer4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Mar 12, 2005
Hartford Connecticut
Only the HR20-100 and HR20-700 have the new White GUI look. Eventually all DirecTV receivers will have the new look but the H20 does not even with the latest CE release. Stay tuned for more threads and announcements about CE releases. Its possible the H20 will get the GUI in one of these.

OneBigJedi

SatelliteGuys Guru
Dec 12, 2005
Your Right!

I checked, I got one of my H20-600 to get the update. The other one did not. It does not have the white/Blue GUI new look. I sure they change that, it sure makes things easier for my wife it all the TV's look the same.

Thanks!

OneBigJedi

SatelliteGuys Guru
Dec 12, 2005
Wow! It is about time!!

One new feature of the H20-700 DVR software update is the option to have the Grid Guide come up first instead of the Categories when you press the guide button.

Program Guide—You currently see channel categories when you press "GUIDE" on your remote, then the program guide when you press "GUIDE" a second time. To reverse this order and see the program guide first, press "MENU", then go to Help & Settings > Setup > Display > Preferences and choose "Grid Guide First" under "GUIDE Keypress."

Make the change and your H20-700 will work like the old days! I have always hated having to press the guide button twice just to get to the grid menu, Give it a try!

Brewer4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Mar 12, 2005
Hartford Connecticut
You will probably never see another major update to the HR10-250 unless the new owners decide to reengage with Tivo. Might some minor fixes but I just dont see the HR10-250 a priority anymore.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)