H20 Doesnt GoTo High Def Channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fantinocsny

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Syracuse, NY
The H20 HD Receiver doesnt go to the HD Channel when you punch in, like 202, it will go to the Standard Defintion Channel. The HR20 we have goes to the HD Channel. And it doesnt help if you take the SD 202 out of the Favorites, it still goes to the SD 202.

The H20 HD Receiver doesnt go to the HD Channel when you punch in, like 202, it will go to the Standard Defintion Channel. The HR20 we have goes to the HD Channel. And it doesnt help if you take the SD 202 out of the Favorites, it still goes to the SD 202.

There appears to be a problem with the H20's... this was talked about in some earlier threads this morning - nothing to do at this point but wait for a software update from D* to fix it.

Doesn't it show up with 2 202's in the guide ? One being HS and the other SD ?
With the HR20's you can go into the settings and tell the SD channel to be hidden, I don't have a H20 yet, so I'm not sure if that option is available for them.

Jimbo

Same problem here. Noticed that when I got home to check line-up. When you directly input the channel it goes to the sd version and not hd. Looking forward to that software update. Kind of an annoying issue.

Same problem here. Noticed that when I got home to check line-up. When you directly input the channel it goes to the sd version and not hd. Looking forward to that software update. Kind of an annoying issue.

It is annoying for sure. I can live with it as long as the HD keeps coming but I can't believe they didn't test this. :(

I almost wish they didnt add the channels they should have figured this out first

It does seem like a silly oversight on their part. For now, when I want to change directly to a channel, I guess i will bring up the guide and select the channel from there. HD does look great though. I must give the new D10 credit there.

I wish they would have put all the hd channels together. It's kind of pain searching for them.

If you have the latest CE Update for H20 HD Receiver.
You can go into the settings and tell the SD channel to be hidden

Last edited:
I get some of the channels on my HR20 (like Starz) but the 200-series channels give me a searching for sat 771 error message.

If you have the lated CE Update for H20 HD Receiver.
You can go into the settings and tell the SD channel to be hidden

is there another CE update available anytime soon? - I am also having the channel changing issue it is annoying and been around awhile (happening for NESN HD since the beginning) - sometimes even a channel up won't get you to the HD, I have to channel up to the next channel then channel back one channel and the HD pops up. weird and hopefully they make this a priority

is there another CE update available anytime soon? - I am also having the channel changing issue it is annoying and been around awhile (happening for NESN HD since the beginning) - sometimes even a channel up won't get you to the HD, I have to channel up to the next channel then channel back one channel and the HD pops up. weird and hopefully they make this a priority

Try changing with the guide.

As for the CE. updates, generally they come on Friday and Saturday's, I woukld expect that there will be one again this Friday, but have seen nothing official yet.

jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)