h20 filmare update?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

davidmf

Jan 19, 2006
Update confirmed 2/21

Was just told that the firmware update to fix the pixelization and sound issues on HD Locals will be out to everyone on 2/21 or 2/22 early am.

botello

Feb 1, 2006
modesto Ca.
Just thought I'd check n see on my H20. To my suprise received a upgrade 0F06 from 0F03 today at 2:00 am. I dont know if its me or what But PQ seems improved mainly on SD. Can anybody else see a difference????

steve615

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jan 6, 2006
TN
New DIRECTV customer here,I am getting two H20 receivers installed on March 3.Do you think this update will download when the receivers are activated?

steve615

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jan 6, 2006
TN
botello said:
Right after I connected my new H20 it started downloading the 0F03. So you might get that one first
Ok,thanks for the reply.:)

steve615

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jan 6, 2006
TN
botello,I thought I would ask,how has your overall experience with the H20 been as of now?

botello

Feb 1, 2006
modesto Ca.
Steve......I had the Hughes E-86 with OTA and two channels were hit & miss. After connecting the H20 both come in good now. All locals come in 70-100% So I feel its a improvment in reception for OTA. The guide is kinda a pain as you have to hit the button twice to get the full channel guide w/description ( first asks what type of channels- HDTV, sports,local,ect) or it has a quick guide (bar at bottom of screen w/o info) PQ seems better also for the OTA. It has a HDMI output which is one of the main reasons I purchased the H20. I dont have the 5 LNB dish yet so I'm opinionless on MPEG-4 local HD's. Overall I'm pleased with the receiver since we mostly watch local HD broadcsts. Hope this helps

steve615

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jan 6, 2006
TN
botello said:
Steve......I had the Hughes E-86 with OTA and two channels were hit & miss. After connecting the H20 both come in good now. All locals come in 70-100% So I feel its a improvment in reception for OTA. The guide is kinda a pain as you have to hit the button twice to get the full channel guide w/description ( first asks what type of channels- HDTV, sports,local,ect) or it has a quick guide (bar at bottom of screen w/o info) PQ seems better also for the OTA. It has a HDMI output which is one of the main reasons I purchased the H20. I dont have the 5 LNB dish yet so I'm opinionless on MPEG-4 local HD's. Overall I'm pleased with the receiver since we mostly watch local HD broadcsts. Hope this helps
botello....Thanks for the reply.The OTA reception issue sounds good,we view several programs from our locals.:up :) It sounds like the guides will take some getting used to,which is ok with me.I'm scheduled to get the AT9 dish with my installation.From what I have seen and read online,the Nashville HD locals should light up in April.:) I called the 1 800 DIRECTV line to verify my installation and everything was verified.One thing that I asked about in particular was if the HDMI/DVI cable comes with the H20 receivers.The lady that I spoke with told me that it doesn't come with the adapter cable,so,I guess I will go out and buy this cable,so I can be ready for the installation.Thanks again for the info.:up :)

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
steve615 said:
botello....Thanks for the reply.The OTA reception issue sounds good,we view several programs from our locals.:up :) It sounds like the guides will take some getting used to,which is ok with me.I'm scheduled to get the AT9 dish with my installation.From what I have seen and read online,the Nashville HD locals should light up in April.:) I called the 1 800 DIRECTV line to verify my installation and everything was verified.One thing that I asked about in particular was if the HDMI/DVI cable comes with the H20 receivers.The lady that I spoke with told me that it doesn't come with the adapter cable,so,I guess I will go out and buy this cable,so I can be ready for the installation.Thanks again for the info.:up :)

If you need an HDMI cable, check out www.svideo.com. They have excellent prices.

botello

Feb 1, 2006
modesto Ca.
It sounds like you'll be getting HD locals about the same time we do. Last time I called D*(late Jan.) they would'nt do a install of the AT9. they said its too soon I'm thinking of waiting until the new HD-DVR comes out, for TV #2. Anyway hope the install goes good.

rad

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
Since the upgrade I haven't had the box reboot while scrolling through the channel favorites in edit mode, the prior code did.

SaltiDawg

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 1, 2004
agsbill said:
BZ....Navy Talk??
I was in the "country club" USAF

Bill,

Yeah, Navy, BZ = Bravo Zulu = Well Done. On "targets" or "skimmers" can also be hoisted in Signal Flags for all to see.

No signal flags on Submarines. ;)

Retired Navy Submariner.

waddellc

Feb 24, 2006
H20 firmware update HDMI issues

I have an H20 connected via HDMI through a Yamaha-VX2600. Since the update occurred, each time I switch to the HDMI connection, my H20 reboots.

Is anyone else having HDMI issues following the firmware update?

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
waddellc said:
I have an H20 connected via HDMI through a Yamaha-VX2600. Since the update occurred, each time I switch to the HDMI connection, my H20 reboots.

Is anyone else having HDMI issues following the firmware update?

No, not with it rebooting, although I now sometimes get a message on Ch 76 saying that it is HDCP protected. It also dropped Ch 94 and 95 from the guide, saying they are not available.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)