H20 going bonkers!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigec2002

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 17, 2005
Starting a few days ago my otherwise problem free H20 all of a sudden started resetting itself during normal operation. Initially I attributed it to a power glitch but after seeing occur several times in a period of an hour I discounted that notion. Since then I have called D* and they have attributed the problem to a firmware issue they are trying to resolve ?? and are in the process of sending me a replacement receiver. Since my phone call to them it seems like the H20 resets itself almost every hour. Anyone having this same issue??

Is it the H20-600? Had the same problem at my parent's house, called up D* and a replacement, H20-100, was sent. Been fine since.

Had the resetting issues w/ 2 H20-600s starting this past September - both were rebooting every five to ten minutes regardless of whether i was watching HD or SD. Though the CSRs claim this to be a firmware issue, am thinking that there's got to be a hardware issue as well - mine were running hot since i got them in Jan 06. Directv sent me 2 H20-100s that run at room temp and i haven't had a reset issue since.

I had the same issue with my h20.Had it about 6 months and all was fine.When it started acting up it would do one of 2 things.It would either reset itself and go through the motions of acquiring the sats and program guide or it would just go to a black screen and the audio was the digital equivalent of someone scratching fingernails down a blackboard,the most hideous screeching I've ever heard.I was afraid it was going to blow a speaker on me on more than one occasion.I got the same firmware answer and was told it would be fixed with an update soon.After a month and no fix I called again and they sent out a h20-100 to replace my h20-600 that was still under warranty.The -600 was a made in Korea,the -100 was made in Mexico.I just bought a new hr20 for xmas,sure hope it doesn't have the same issues.

The -600 series (made by Humax) either didn't have a cooling fan in them or the cycles were f'd up cause of the firmware. I can't remember atm which it is. The main issue with the -100 is the HDMI issue.

The -600 series (made by Humax) either didn't have a cooling fan in them or the cycles were f'd up cause of the firmware. I can't remember atm which it is. The main issue with the -100 is the HDMI issue.

The -600 is made by LG, not Humax.

I agree,The -600 I had was made in Korea which I thought was LG made.I actually made sure I got a Korean made one when I bought it as I've had LG phones before and thought they were great.Who would have thought the made in Mexico one would be better.When I bought my HR20 I made sure it was a Mexican made model because of the trouble I had with my H20.

Beavis-Whats the hdmi issue with the -100 you are referring to? I don't have my h20 hooked up with hdmi but my new hr20 will be when it gets installed after xmas.

The cooling fan would make some sense if thats the case with the h20-600.The one I had put out a lot of heat through the top vents.The -100 it was replaced with is considerably cooler on the top.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)