Thinking of going from DTV to DTV Stream...questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kovach

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
St. Louis
First, I'm having a hard time finding a channel by channel comparison between the two, can anyone point me to that if it exists?

Also, I know DTV doesn't have a lot of 4k outside of PPV, but does DTV Stream still have no 4k or has some been added, or there are plans to add?

D* has a live sports event in 4k almost every night

Talking about sat

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Does stream have mix channels ?

I love the mix channels

Espically for March madness and MLB NFL etc

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

First, I'm having a hard time finding a channel by channel comparison between the two, can anyone point me to that if it exists?

Also, I know DTV doesn't have a lot of 4k outside of PPV, but does DTV Stream still have no 4k or has some been added, or there are plans to add?

Perhaps this will be some help.…

Thanks all, sounds like I'll be sticking with DTV until Stream catches up.
There isnt going to be a catch up Its not meant to be a 100% mirror of Sat Service It is however where all R & D money is going while Sat service continues to shed itself

Ok...I guess I haven't completely ruled it out...

Also, I didn't see any mention of 4k on Stream, is that something they offer or plan to?

One other question, does Stream have the tons of shopping channels repeated throughout like DirecTV and is there a working version of "Channels I Get" or something similar to filter out everything you don't get or want?

Ok...I guess I haven't completely ruled it out...

Also, I didn't see any mention of 4k on Stream, is that something they offer or plan to?

One other question, does Stream have the tons of shopping channels repeated throughout like DirecTV and is there a working version of "Channels I Get" or something similar to filter out everything you don't get or want?
No Clue on 4K They have said nothing No there is not a ton of shopping channels on Stream and you only see the channels you actually get.. You can set a favorites filter to remove ones you don't want to see

Definitely thinking of making the switch from DirecTv which I'm satisfied with except for the price, and the DVR not holding as much as DISH. I'm in the 2nd year of my DirecTV contract, and really think the DirecTv Stream would be best for our family. Prices are better, unlimited DVR are both great things. We're not big on sports, only UK basketball so can add the pack with SEC if we continue supporting UK after their last couple performances lol. I think the DirecTv Stream device ($5/ mo for 24mos) with the Entertainment pack ($59.99 for 3mos, then $69.99) for the family room. Got some questions, though, For bedroom tv, would you use another DirecTv Stream device for the bedroom (making it another $5/ mo for 24 mos), or just get a Fire TV stick or Roku? Also, does anyone have AT&T internet, which I have, and have DirecTV Stream and get good service? Plus, can you switch from DirecTv to DirecTv Stream without penalty>

I compared the two a few months back. Here are the channels that are carried on satellite but not on Stream, from what I can recall:
  • NFL Network
  • ION
  • INSP
  • Cowboy Channel
  • NASA TV
  • various shopping channels
  • various non-commercial channels (religious, cultural, etc.)
Also, I think satellite may carry the local MeTV station in some markets; that's missing on DTV Stream. And in some markets, DTV Stream may be missing the local CW and/or My Network TV station, as well as independent stations that are carried on satellite (e.g. Chicago's WGN 9, LA's KDOC 56, etc.).

I compared the two a few months back. Here are the channels that are carried on satellite but not on Stream, from what I can recall:
  • NFL Network
  • ION
  • INSP
  • Cowboy Channel
  • NASA TV
  • various shopping channels
  • various non-commercial channels (religious, cultural, etc.)
Also, I think satellite may carry the local MeTV station in some markets; that's missing on DTV Stream. And in some markets, DTV Stream may be missing the local CW and/or My Network TV station, as well as independent stations that are carried on satellite (e.g. Chicago's WGN 9, LA's KDOC 56, etc.).
So I was bored last night and compared what I have (DirecTV XTRA) and what I'm looking at (DirecTV Stream Ultimate).

Basically I'm losing a bunch of stuff I don't watch or use like the music channels, religious programming, international, shopping, other coast feeds of same programming, etc.:
  1. Arirang TV
  2. Aspire
  3. Celebrity Shopping
  4. CGTN
  5. Cowboy Channel
  6. CTN
  7. Daystar
  8. Enlace
  9. ESNE
  10. EWTN
  11. Free Speech TV
  12. GEB America
  13. GEM Shopping
  14. ION
  15. JBS
  16. Jewlery TV
  17. Jewish Life TV
  18. Link TV
  19. Living Faith Network
  20. NASA TV
  21. NewsNation
  22. NFL Network
  23. NHK
  24. NRB
  25. ONCE Mexico
  26. Outdoor Channel
  27. Pursuit
  28. QVC3
  29. SBN
  30. ShopHQ
  31. So Yummy
  32. TBN Inspire
  33. TCT Network
  34. Trinity Broadcasting Network
  35. World Network
  36. World Harvest Television
Looks like I'd gain the Heroes and Icons channel.

I guess the biggest one is NFL but I've been watching less and less football over the years so I can do without. Personally I think it would be refreshing to not have the guide clogged up with all that junk (yes I know I could create favorite lists but don't really want to spend the time maintaining those either as new things are added).

I'm starting to come around as this might be a good idea though not exactly a money saver with the discounts I'm currently getting but saves me from losing picture during heavy downpours or climbing out on the roof during winter to brush snow off my dish (though that's probably a trade-off for internet outages)!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts