H20 Heavy Pixelized Picture on everything BUT HD Locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

suomi8

Mar 29, 2004
has anybody heard of this one before? I just got 2 H20 receivers yesterday, one works fine while the 2nd one I got has fine HD Locals but every other channel on the box is heavily pixeled, almost to the point where I cannot watch it. I am duplexing 2 6X8 multiswitches so I dont know if that could be it but the other boxes on that multiswitch are fine. do you think it is a connection issue, a reception issue, or do I just have a bad box?

Thanks

I have a similar situation, 2 new H20's installed 2 weeks ago. One fine, the other a problem child.

The "professional installation" (2 visits by 3 installers plus one no-show) left loose connections on the multiswitch. Found that during my troubleshooting. You ought to be able to tell whether it's poor connections by swapping your H20's and see if the bad signal follows the IRD or stays in the "bad room".

I've also seen that the "problem child" intermittently puts no signal on the HDMI -- TV detects no signal. It happened using (2) different brand-new HDMI cables, and does not happen using component video.

My "problem child" also is poor at switching audio on the optical output. Fine when using channel-up/channel-down, but when choosing from the guide it will drop audio. Audio switches properly on the HDMI....

The H20 sets the bar for products rushed-to-market. Clearly not ready.

The 3 H20's I've purchased from Costco have all been wonderful. No Lame installer messing with my setup, No pixels, No hangs and or Reboots. Just simply awesome HDTV.

suomi8 said:
has anybody heard of this one before? I just got 2 H20 receivers yesterday, one works fine while the 2nd one I got has fine HD Locals but every other channel on the box is heavily pixeled, almost to the point where I cannot watch it. I am duplexing 2 6X8 multiswitches so I dont know if that could be it but the other boxes on that multiswitch are fine. do you think it is a connection issue, a reception issue, or do I just have a bad box?

Thanks

Not sure why you're duplexing (2) 6x8's for only (2) IRD's.... I would try setting up with just one. If the problem persists, switch to just the other one.

Next verify any connections you might have between the multiswitch and the IRD's, checking for possible cable damage. Once you hit this point, you'll have fixed or identified any poor connections.

Next swap (only) the IRD's: leave any in-room wiring alone including HDMI/component cables, phone lines, audio, and RG6 to a wall-plate (if you have one).

If the problem remains in the same room, swap cables one at a time.

If the problem follows the IRD, call D* for help and tell them everything you've done to troubleshoot it.

May sound silly, but take good notes of everything you do.

One last thing: you don't say whether you got the H20's through D* (with "pro" install?), or retail. If it's retail, can you return it to the store (if troubleshooting points to the IRD)?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)