H20 = J-u-n-k

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am getting new H20 Fedexd to me. I just got off the phone with retention/Tech service. I got the following:

Five dollar credit for six months
10 dollar off programming for six months
19.95 shipping Waived

Two year commitment. Dont mind the commitment, I dont intend on going anywhere. I know the above were not huge amounts, but it was nice to see some "Customer Servce" gestures for someone who has been with them for a while!!!

Hopefully I have seen the end of re-booting

I just purchased 3 H20's last week, all for the same entertainment center which houses 3 televisions. According to what was explained in some of the posts below, they must be 600's because of the lights. 2 of them seem to be working fine. Last night though, the one that controls one of my top tv's started doing the reboot thing. I called Dtv and they told me to unplug it since the button reset didn't work. Well I went to unplug it and the SOB was so damn hot it practically burned my hand. I felt my other two receivers which had also been on for the same amount of time and have similar space constraints, and though they were warm/hot, they were nowhere NEAR as hot as this unit. I told the Dtv technician and they said it was a faulty unit and they would send me a new one and packaging to send the old one back to them. No word of any shipping charges....they said the new receiver would come with packaging and shipping labels, so we'll see....I'll be super pissed if they try to charge me for the shipping.

Earlier today I felt the unit again (still plugged in) and it is still WAY hotter to the touch than the other ones. I should probably unplug it, I guess.

Thanks for the updates, though I'm not happy to see I'm not alone in this.

Madtown HD Junkie said:
ty i have 100's and they have not rebooted once ...should I consider myself lucky?

okay...nevermind this post...just rebooted when wife was watching teen usa on OTA 4 times in 2 hours lol.

Jimbos said:
You know, it would be a smart thing for D* to take a look at thier commitment policy.
In you type of situation, if for example you have had your receiver for 9 months, and you need a new one, the new one should have 15 months to go, instead of the full 24, after all it's not like you destroyed the unit causeing D* problems,
I wonder why D* doesn't address this issue, other than thier desire to keep subs in the commitment....
I don't mind a commitment, 2 year seems excessive, I would like to see it go to a 1 year commitment for all receivers, jmo

Jimbo

nah better for D*, make them so they fail every year and you have to sign up for another 24 monthes, keep that money rollin. Good strategy to make sub par equipment.

I called D* customer service two nights ago because the receiver has been resetting itself several times during the evening. He had me do a complete reset of the receiver and unhook the OTA, which I was not happy to do, but willing to if it meant keeping the receiver from resetting. The rep told me that it was a known issue with a software patch due in mid-September. It has since resetted itself several times. What a POS. :mad:

Wrangler3 said:
I called D* customer service two nights ago because the receiver has been resetting itself several times during the evening. He had me do a complete reset of the receiver and unhook the OTA, which I was not happy to do, but willing to if it meant keeping the receiver from resetting. The rep told me that it was a known issue with a software patch due in mid-September. It has since resetted itself several times. What a POS. :mad:

I called the same day posted the above post and they are sending out 2 new 20's to me Fed Ex and should be here today. You need to call back and, with firmness and Compassion lol, explain it is unacceptable and to send you out a new one.

I had one H20-600 go into reboot frenzy. They sent me a 100. That one decided to stop receiving satellite signal after about an hour. All signal levels would go to ZERO on all transponders until the unit was rebooted.

After many calls, they refused to send another H20 out to me, insisting on sending someone over to check it out. I cancelled D*. It was more of their attitude than anything else. (There is more back and forth here, but I'm sparing you the details)

Boy, you should have seen how fast I got a "live" person when I spoke the word "Cancel" to that idiotic computerized receptionist! :D

Jimbos said:
You know, it would be a smart thing for D* to take a look at thier commitment policy.
In you type of situation, if for example you have had your receiver for 9 months, and you need a new one, the new one should have 15 months to go, instead of the full 24, after all it's not like you destroyed the unit causeing D* problems,
I wonder why D* doesn't address this issue, other than thier desire to keep subs in the commitment....
I don't mind a commitment, 2 year seems excessive, I would like to see it go to a 1 year commitment for all receivers, jmo

Jimbo
I am going to write a letter to D Corporate I wish everyone that has the same problem would write. The H20 600 is a piece of junk and not our fault, D needs to make this good. They did send me a new H20 100 which is great runs cool not like the 600.

Got my second replacement H20 today and hooked it up. The second one gave me no picture, my original kept re-booting. So I hooked it up, so far so good.

A couple of diffrences

This H-20 is a bit taller, and the grid on top is more wide. Dont know if this is due to the changes to eliminate the re-booting....We shall see!!!!

So I thought the 100 was the one that reboots and you wanted them to replace the 100 with a 600? Now I hear you want the 100?
what up?

I have A 100 & 600. The 100 has problems when I go to the guide,it disappears,the 600 is 7 months old,no problems.The 100 is 1 week old.Go Figure.

I started with two H20-600s the first week of January. Neither is hooked up to OTA. One of the units started rebooting about a month ago. The picture would just go to white snow and the most horrible high-pitched whine would start pouring out of my HT speakers causing me concern for the speakers. D* sent a replacement H20-100 and it's working fine, but it looks like my 2-year agreement that would have expired January of '08 has now been extended to August of '08.

Maccur said:
I started with two H20-600s the first week of January. Neither is hooked up to OTA. One of the units started rebooting about a month ago. The picture would just go to white snow and the most horrible high-pitched whine would start pouring out of my HT speakers causing me concern for the speakers. D* sent a replacement H20-100 and it's working fine, but it looks like my 2-year agreement that would have expired January of '08 has now been extended to August of '08.
it sure shouldn't be extended. I would call and get it corected if it matters to you.

No Problems with H20-100

I have been with DTV since before it was cool. Been through all of the boxes, bleeding and changes. I am a member of what I call the Bleeding Edge HD junkies. My Sony HD-300 finally died on me and DTV sent me a new H20-100, the 5LNB dish and an installer. This is the first time I have not done an install myself. Anyhow, the H20 is working very well on DTV and Local HD. The HD is equal to or better than it was on the Sony. The DTV channels don't seem to be as crisp as the Sony. That may be due to having to re-set up my Pioneer Elite to match the H20, fore after doing so, the picture got a little better. I really think that the HD is so much better, the eyes don't adjust to quickly. I had to be gental making any quick actions with the Sony 300. Too many commands and it would lock up. Not so with the H20. It zips right through any commands given to it. Much faster access to channels and the quide is really quick. Overall I am satisfied. Except for the display of low signal strength which I understand not to pay any attention to.:up :)

I will finally get a replacement H20-600 receiver from D*. I kept getting the reboots several times during the day and was very patient with it. The kicker was when my 1 1/2 year old son placed his hand on top of the receiver and screamed (it didn't burn him). I can't relocate the thing and placed a chair in front of it to keep him away. I called D* and they didn't hesitate to ship one out. They also waived the shipping fee.

The replacement should be here today and I'll let you guys know what happens.

My H20-600 is wicked hot, reboots periodically, and has very slow navigation. I am getting rid of it when the HR20 comes to my house. The OTA reception is good and the picture quality is good too but I dont care for this unit at all.

H20-100

My H20-100 was installed yesterday. I wanted to find out is the 100 series made 03/06 a good receiver? Should I set the native resolution? I have read other threads talk about upconverting. Does it do this and how?

I had to turn in my 600 for a 100 because the component video out went bad in addition to the overheating, the slow guide, and the reboots every now and again. I couldn't be happier with the 100. One month and not a single reboot. Some people prefer the native resolution, but with my 2002 Panny monitor I just send everything to it in 1080i.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)