Status
Please reply by conversation.

Matt9876

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Tn
Running H20 with ver# 2024 software.

I have setup favorites and adjusted options and it's just not working properly . When typing in channel number it always locks in on the SD version first pressing channel up should land it on the HD version but no it goes past the channel so you must press channel down to get back to the HD version.

Example: Type in 362 for the weather channel.

Box tunes to SD 362 TWC :"Wrong wanted TWCHD version"

OK press channel up to get TWCHD :"Wrong channel 365 GTV"

OK press channel down : "Finally I get TWCHD"

Please fix this soon, HD channels should always be first on a HD box !

Matt

there is a new CE this weekend, update your box to the new CE and it will work like you want it to

The current national release of software for the H20s defaults to the SD channel when you input a channel number. The current release for the HR20 DVR defaults to the HD channel. The next national release of the software for the H20 will change the default so it behaves the same as the Hr20.
You should not be downloading CE versions of the software just to get a new feature. They are test versions, and you join in the Cutting Edge process because you are willing to take the risk of getting relatively untried test software to help DirecTV with testing.
Read this http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...read-first-cutting-edge-risks-guidelines.html

I don't see any info on a H20 release - just the HR20

check dbstalk.com

dcowboy7 said:
can u explain in simple terms (im reading the threads in the link and im lost) how the update is done or is it just too complicated to explain here (prolly the case) ?

basically this is how it goes, you need to agree to all the terms and conditions on the CE's
under no circumstances are you allowed to contact DTV CSR's about any support for this
if you would like more info on how to do it, check out the CE section here or at DBStalk.

I checked the forums and didn't find anything for the H20 CE update/window.

Will try to update on fri. and sat. time windows.

Still hope they fix this nasty code soon.

Matt

Running H20 with ver# 2024 software.

I have setup favorites and adjusted options and it's just not working properly . When typing in channel number it always locks in on the SD version first pressing channel up should land it on the HD version but no it goes past the channel so you must press channel down to get back to the HD version.

Example: Type in 362 for the weather channel.

Box tunes to SD 362 TWC :"Wrong wanted TWCHD version"

OK press channel up to get TWCHD :"Wrong channel 365 GTV"

OK press channel down : "Finally I get TWCHD"

Please fix this soon, HD channels should always be first on a HD box !

Matt

if you use the guide to go to the HD channel it works better but agreed this needs to be fixed - I would do the CE tonight but my box is being replaced tomorrow by D* so I will have to miss it

The CE worked! The guide is much faster now as well! Ahhh! Lots and lots of HD! Good work D*!

My H20-600 failed to upgrade last night.:confused:

Made 3 attempts to upgrade last night from 11:01pm est to 11:40pm.

Any suggestions for the time tonight ??

Matt

Or, you could just remove the SD channel from your favorites list.

No you couldn't. That was the whole point of this thread. The H20 would not automatically go to the HD channel whether you removed the channel from the favorites list or now.

New software found (203E) at 12:24am est.

Thanks all ! :)

Matt

Happy to report all is working fine .

Last edited:
Reset from system menu press 02468 at first blue screen.

Did this about six times at last nights time window before software found screen

Matt.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)