H20 New HD Channels not working on ONE receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slangalang

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
The new HD channels are not working on one of my 3 receivers. Old ones work fine. The receiver is an H20. My other H20 and HR20 are both fine. I get the 771 searching error on this one though. I have the B-band converter installed, and it works fine because i switched it with my HR20 and it didnt make a difference. I called Directv and they had me do the setup/restart/blah blah stuff. No difference. The lady said it must be faulty wiring. I checked the connections everywhere and they all seem fine (btw, if all of the other channels are coming in fine, including the old HD channels, how could the wiring be at fault?). Her suggestion is to have a technician come out, which they "will have to charge for." Are there any other possibilities?
Thanks

The new HD channels are not working on one of my 3 receivers. Old ones work fine. The receiver is an H20. My other H20 and HR20 are both fine. I get the 771 searching error on this one though. I have the B-band converter installed, and it works fine because i switched it with my HR20 and it didnt make a difference. I called Directv and they had me do the setup/restart/blah blah stuff. No difference. The lady said it must be faulty wiring. I checked the connections everywhere and they all seem fine (btw, if all of the other channels are coming in fine, including the old HD channels, how could the wiring be at fault?). Her suggestion is to have a technician come out, which they "will have to charge for." Are there any other possibilities?
Thanks

Switch the two H20's. That will tell you if it is the receiver or something else. Do you have a diplexer on the line?

Switch the two H20's. That will tell you if it is the receiver or something else. Do you have a diplexer on the line?

Thats a good idea. I will try and post back. I dont know what a diplexer is though. All ive got are 4 coax cables running from the huge 5lnb dish to the receivers (2 for the hr20 and 1 for each H20). Somewhere along the lines, there are little screw type adapters that extend the cables to reach the boxes.

Thats a good idea. I will try and post back. I dont know what a diplexer is though. All ive got are 4 coax cables running from the huge 5lnb dish to the receivers (2 for the hr20 and 1 for each H20). Somewhere along the lines, there are little screw type adapters that extend the cables to reach the boxes.

When my setup was installed the BBC were connected but not yet needed. When the new channels came up, I found that I had one faulty BBC. They sent me a new one in a few days. The other thing that someone posted is to be SURE you don't have a diplexer in the line. Diplexers allow you to use one cable to mix RF from an antenna and then split it back out at the termination point. I was using it for my OTA directly to the Vizio with a DTV, just because I wanted to . Cincy locals are in HD over the D*, but not the nearby Dayton OH ones. Anyway, the diplexer knocked the signal down about 10-20%. It was a long cable run too. I have a 6X8 switch with 6 outputs and all is well now. HTH:cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts