Status
Please reply by conversation.

bgsmallwood

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 30, 2004
The Nations
Hi and thanks in advance for your help,

I am looking to upgrade to the H-20 receiver and activate HD service on my account here in OKC. The 3lnb oval dish was installed in January. There is no multiswitch, I just have to lines coming from the lnb block going to a grounding block and then one of the lines from the grounding block goes to my current SD receiver. Do I have every thing I need to get the current national HD channels?

Features in my current setup indicate "Multisatellite Ready" is Yes, Signal indicates 101, 110, 119 signal on Some transponders.

I apologize for the newbie question but I don't know very much about the whole satellite setup and how it works.

Thanks. -Bob-

The phase 3 dish has a 4 output multiswitch built in, and should be all you need for the current HD broadcasts.

bgsmallwood said:
Do I have every thing I need to get the current national HD channels?

DirecTV can't give you the national HD (ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS) channels unless:
  • You already get Distant Network Services. (and, as such, are in an "unserved area")
  • You ask for, and are granted, a waiver from your local channels. (-extremely- unlikely. Unless stations are Owned & Operated by the network, they almost always deny these.)

You will, of course, get the national HD channels D* is allowed to offer to everyone -- Discovery HD, HDnet, etc., if you subscribe to the HD pack.

Otherwise, you'll have to get your HD from an OTA antenna.

Furthermore, as far as I know, you won't be able to order an H20 in Oklahoma at this time. There's only enough in the chain for the upgraded markets.

H

Status
Please reply by conversation.