H20 Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GSH

Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
Pine Mountain Lake, CA
Well I'm on my fourth receiver (maybe 5th) in about a year. Has anyone else experienced numerous failures of H20 receivers? I finally had to join the Direct TV "Protecton Plan" to minimize costs! Of course that plan runs about $6.00 a month. Not too impressed with Direct TV right now.

They made many turkey versions of this unit (H20-xxx???) but the latest software release has turned a turkey into a cheetah. Are you using an H20 or the DVR version? Some of the older DVR versions were just running too hot. Without knowing exactly what type of problems you were having it's hard to tell if you're just unlucky. I'm also surprised they didn't just upgrade you to a H21 or H22.

Have you checked your electrical outlets? Are they on a GFCI circuit or do you have the receivers plugged into a surge suppressor/UPS. Are you able to test your latest "broken" receiver at a friends/neighbors house?

If your box is going out that much I would at this point rule out bad equipment and start looking elsewhere.

Also do you have the HD box in an enclosed entertainment center or closet?
Do you have any other device on top or under the HD box?
Have the cable/connectors ever been replaced? Multiswitch/LNB/Groundblock/Wallplate?

You do know that H20-600 receivers with no sticker on the bottom have been recalled?

If that's the case with your unit, you should have gotten a phone call.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts