This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

H20 question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

loudo2002

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2005
i installed the AT-9 dish a couple weeks ago with my TS360 and am getting signals in the high 80's and low 90's on all transponders on all Birds.

Yesterday my friend brings over his H20 and i test the signals on it, and i pretty much max out at 70 if not lower in the mid 60's!!

i have read the previous posts and understand that this box typically runs lower on signal strength, but 30 points???

that seems like too much!

and one more question for the do-it-yourselfer's like myself, when setting up your AT9 did you use the H20 or another receiver to try to get the highest ratings??

i hate to try to re-align my dish specifically for the H20 when my other receivers are just about perfect!

The H20 is fine. It could be a tad higher (most in the 70s) but as long as it gets 90s on the HD spotbeam it's fine. It just calculates signal differently.

D* came over and upgraded my equipment Friday, which contained the new AT9 dish and H 20 receiver. The B band converter module that comes with it will knock it down about 30. There is nothing wrong with the signal. I wondered that too until the installer explained it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.