H20 Scanning For OTA Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wyatt9696

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2006
hey all, after i've scanned for ota channels it comes up with 70 . i put in my market area zip (hartford, new haven, CT) and i get the 6 locals that are available to me via ota. my question is, what are the 64 or so other ota channels that were picked up while scanning? thanks all.

wyatt9696 said:
hey all, after i've scanned for ota channels it comes up with 70 . i put in my market area zip (hartford, new haven, CT) and i get the 6 locals that are available to me via ota. my question is, what are the 64 or so other ota channels that were picked up while scanning? thanks all.

Mine did the same thing and I wondered also. The only thing I can think of is that there are approximately 70 real VHF and UHF channels and the setup menu says "found" when it should say "scanned"
There are only 10 digital broadcasters in the OKC area but my H20 said it found 70 also.

Proc said:
It probably included the multicasted channels that your locals put out.

Nope, I counted all of the multicast channels and all together they didn't add up to more than 30 even if they were all multicasting at the same time.

Mine did the same thing... IMHO, I would guess that it's probably a programming glitch. Can't tell you how excited I was when I saw "10...11...12" in the "Channels Found" section, but once I got to 30 I got sceptical. There's no way that there's 70 (not 69, not 71) stations in each and every market that's represented here. I think it's just a progress bar that only goes up to 70.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)