H21-100 & -200 CE Release 12/19 0x42A7

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Systems in this CE
H21-100 • H21-200

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday, December 19, 2008 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, December 20, 2008 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST! DirecTV Cutting Edge Program: Terms, FAQ, How-To, Hidden Features, and More

If you have any issues with this CE release, please post them in this thread. We'll try to help, and DirecTV will see / be aware of your issue :)

For the latest updates, check out the CE Chat on Friday nights:
cechat.satelliteguys.us

-----------------

New features
  • 01 - Network
  • 01 - Media Share
  • 01 - Music Screen Saver
  • 01 - Game Search
  • 01 - 1080p/24
  • 01 - OTA via the AM21
  • 01 - Autotune
  • 01 - Multi-Room Viewing
    • View Playlist from a networked HR2x or R22
    • Playback/Trick Play functions from any networked HR2x or R22
    • Press {LIST} to see HR2x or R22 servers
    • one playback per server at a time
  • 02 - Parental Controls when scheduling autotune
  • 02 - MRV: bookmarks and resume playback from previous location
  • 04 - Friendly name in network setup
  • 04 - QuickTune
  • 05 - Built-in Self Test

Improved/Updated
  • 02 - Support for more 1080p Sony TV models
  • 02 - Faster Guide scrolling
  • 02 - ATSC signal meter performance
  • 02 - Fixed a screen saver issue
  • 02 - ATSC setup screen now works on first boot
  • 02 - Fixed reappearance of deleted autotunes
  • 02 - UI updates
    "tuner 2" and "tuner 3" references
  • 02 - Fixed Gray Screen or a PPV OSD appearing overnight
  • 02 - Improved "Try Again" when trying to connect to the Internet.
  • 03 - AV1/AV2 remote code refinements
  • 03 - Improvements to DHCP network setup
  • 04 - Issues with rebooting while in standby
  • 04 - WGA600N Support
  • 04 - Static IP Setup
  • 05 - Stability
  • 05 - Missing “Just a few seconds” OSD
  • 05 - MRV playback and trickplay problems
  • 05 - User Interface polishing

Known Problems
  • [strike]02 - Support for WGA600N[/strike]
  • 02 - DHCP network setup
  • 04 - Network Services may not work
  • 05 - Diagnostic reports do not work
  • 05 - H21-100, intermittent “Searching for Satellite” OSD

Notes
  • 01 - Reverting back to National Release will go back to default settings
  • 01 - To enable MRV:
    • Network must be enabled
    • Enable IAMANEDGECUTTER keyword
    • Select Menu -> Parental, Fav's & Setup -> Miscellaneous Options -> Multi-Room DVR and choose On.
    • Network must be enabled on HR2x and R22 DVRs
  • 01 - Please test the box as a standard H21 before enabling the Multi-Room View Client feature and report issues
  • 01 - Then please test MRV veggies before dessert
  • 01 - When reporting MRV issues, please include the logs from both server and the client
  • 01 - Please report all occurrences of “Unable to Access to Media” OSD with logs
  • 02 - When reporting issues with 1080p, please include the TV resolution information reported from the Miscellaneous Options screen as well as your TV model number

*** CAUTIONARY NOTE *** You've been warned
  • 01 - Do not have an unpurchased PPV in the server’s playlist when displaying the playlist on the H21
  • 01 - Do not have a currently downloading broadband program in the server’s playlist when displaying the playlist on the H21
  • 02 - The above Cautionary notes are less cautionary

H21-100 Receivers Issues:
- The remote response times are a lot slow, like the HR2x receivers.
- Media Share is slow when scrolling through songs and pictures.
- Media Share won't let me listen to music & do a picture sideshow at the same time. Either one or the another, not both at once.
- Guide Scrolling speed is a bit slower than NR.
- MRV has a big delay when playing from the list and pulling up the list.

Overall speed of the Receiver has gotten quite a bit slower, including channel changing speed. It is about the same speed as my R22.

Thanks for the great new features Directv!!

Downloaded on my HR21-200. This weeks CE did not cause any network issues like last weeks.

This is my first time downloading a CE to my H21-200 since July (HR21-200 is a different story). My motivation was to try out the MRV.

Since my H21 is not near my router like my HR21 i, I decided to use a D-LInk DWL-G820 gaming adapter/bridge. That bridge is literally "bridged" and I can surf the internet on my laptop with the laptop wireless off.

So I went ahead and connected it to my H21 and no dice. It refuses to communicate with my router through the bridge. All it does is assign itself a private IP address (169.xxx.xxx.xxx) and any attempt to connect just doesn't work. I have even entered in the IP information manually and it still doesn't work. I also rebooted every facet of my network including the H21 and still nothing. I have even tried a couple different ethernet cables just in case one was bad and still no change.

It's been a loooong time since I have been this frustrated with something. I literally spent hours last night trying to get it to work.

Also, I just thought I'd mention the ethernet port light on the back of the H21 is solid orange instead of solid green, which I read somewhere means the link is 10mbps instead of 100mbps, which is odd because I've never seen an ethernet light that wasn't solid green. The amber light on the other side of the port does periodically, although not often, flashes amber indicating it is trying to send data to the bridge. On the bridge itself the data activity light on the front is completely dark, whereas, it would normally blink green to show the router and the device connected to the bridge are communicating.

Any ideas before I lose my sanity?

Downloaded this CE to my H21-100 primarily to test MRV. MRV works but I have had to reboot several times due to the following issues:

I've seen the Searching for Satellite issue that is mentioned in the release notes twice. I was able to restart the receiver from the Menu.

The picture froze in the middle of MRV playback and the remote and front panel buttons were unsresponsive. I had to power the receiver off and on to recover from this error.

The receiver will not change channels the second time after I directly enter a channel. As an example if I enter channel 36, the keypad or numeric buttons have no effect but channel 36 is playing correctly. If I press the Guide key it only contains information for channel 36. If I go into the Menu and try to send a Report, the Report Option is not available. I can clear this problem by doing a restart, but the receiver returns to the same state if I repeat direct channel entry.

OK, more testing showed that my Custom Favorite List was the cause of the last problem in my above post. All Channels were Removed from the list.

Network is finally working with this CE! :up Everything else seems good.

How is it that everyone's network is working and mine won't? I am wondering if I have a bad ethernet port on the H21...

Check and see if what your MAC Address is. If it has a bunch of F's then it a bad network port.

Good point to check.

If you have an H21 with no MAC address than it is not compatible with networking. I believe the receiver would need to be replaced, but you can't contact tech support regarding networking on the H21 (it is CE only - so don't call support).

If you have an H21 with no MAC address, please send me a PM and I'll get the information sent to the appropriate people at DirecTV.

i'm not seeing my hr21. is it because it's hooked to a powerline ethernet adapter?

i saw the multidvr feature and turned it on but i don't see the dvr when i press list for the h21. am i missing something? thanks for any help. :)

do you have the proper keyword entered if needed?

also, did you do a regular reset on the slave/remote receiver? i have not noticed auto-refresh yet on the recordings list from the master unit.

do you have the proper keyword entered if needed?

also, did you do a regular reset on the slave/remote receiver? i have not noticed auto-refresh yet on the recordings list from the master unit.

thanks for answering charper. i did do the keyword but i did not do the reset.will do right now. thanks charper.

Did that work for you like it does mine? To me this is a HUGE DEAL that needs to be addressed; we MUST HAVE auto-refresh of the recordings list at the slave unit.

Ok, I do have a MAC address so that isn't the problem. To be honest I think it just doesn't like my bridge, although, no other device I've used with it has had a problem.

I tested my theory by connecting it to a secondary router that is not connected to the internet and it actually did pull an IP. Now if I could just get the client bridge mode on my DD-WRT firmware to actually work I'd probably be good to go <sigh>.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts