h21-100/swm/hr21-700/hr22-100 ce issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

skihoodoo

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 10, 2008
PERSHING COUNTY NV
I do not know what to post this under.
this is not because of snow i have rain right now.
hi i woke up this morning and came down to my hr21-700 receiver and it sayd searching for signal so i unpluged the power from that then come down to my hr 22-100 same thing went to my h21-100 and the picture was frozen no searching for signal or anything so i turned that channel and i had a picture so i west back to my hr 22-100 still nothing so i unpluged my swm for 5 minutes then pluged it back in and there was signal on my hr22-100 then i went to my h21-100 signal was fine on both so i went to my hr 21-700 no signal at all i went back to my hr 22-100 and reset it and i lost signal all over again then i unpluged my h21-100 all together and my signal came back instantly
also i notice on the h20-100 the sat signal is in the mid 70s after the update and mid 90s before on sat101 signal on all other boxes are in the middle 90s
this is my setup
slimline 5lnb
to ext swm
hr22-100 AM21
hr21-700
h21-100
d12-??? not pluged in right now because its not being used

report ids
hr22-100 20081220-1716
hr21-700 20081220-32EE
h21-100 20081220-2D1E

Last edited:
Before doing much troubleshooting on that, I would recomend unplugging EVERYTHING for 15 minutes or so - let it all reset - receivers and SWM.

Then plug the SWM back in. Then plug in one receiver at a time, verifying signal before going to the next receiver. If at that point only one receiver is a problem, start over and try isolating it - do that receiver first, by itself - with the others unplugged.

If everything works, great. If one receiver still doesn't get signal, that is your issue.

I own (2) HR21's and (2) H21-100's. This weekend I updated all 4 with CE code so I could take advantage of MRV. I experienced the same problem over the weekend with each box losing signal or not powering up. On Sunday morning I did the 15 minute reset and was able to get 3 of the boxes back stable, but (1)H21-100 would not load due to weak satelite or aquiring data. I decided to switch to legacy port on SWM with b-band converter on box and was able to get the H21-100 to load. The H21-100 had weak signal and poor HD reception. I moved it to few other jacks in the house and had the same problem. I decided to reinstall the GA code and move back onto SWM and this fixed the problem and got the reception back to higher levels.

The 2nd H21 hangs and will not power up on ocasion. I need to pull to power plug to get the 2nd H21 to power up. Once it is up, it is fine until it hangs again.

I am also having problems with the network on the H21-100's. The best term I can come up with is that they "scream" on the network after a while so nothing else can access the network. The link lights on the switch of H21's are flashing rapidly with nothing going on. If I disconnect the H21's from the switch, everything frees up and my other network devices can access the network again. I am also going to post this network problem in a separate thread

This CE release for the H21-100's has been very problematic. I now have (1) on CE and (1) on GA and the GA unit has no problems.

Thanks for the post srrudin. I am seeing the same problems with my H21-100. Very unstable release. I like your description of the "Network Storm" . It happened to me and I was scratching my head to try to figure out what device caused it. I am also seeing the SWM problems that you describe on the other receivers (1) HR21-100 and (1) H23-600 that are connected to the same ODU. Had to power off and restart all devices earlier this afternoon.

Others are reporting this issue too. You may be best to wait until next Friday.

For now, best I can recomend is going back to the national release or bearing it out. This is the type of feedback Directv needs, and on a first attempt week with a new model, sometimes things come up. Thanks for the reports guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)