Widgets Testing: CE 02:02 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not one to usually ask what I think is a stupid question, but where do I find more information on how to create a widget? I mean I downloaded the SDK, but not sure of pre-requisites or whatever. Is it meant to be run on a linux only system? What other software is needed to create widgets?

No stupid questions, and hope this is not a stupid answer?

I'm not one to usually ask what I think is a stupid question, but where do I find more information on how to create a widget? I mean I downloaded the SDK, but not sure of pre-requisites or whatever. Is it meant to be run on a linux only system? What other software is needed to create widgets?
:welcomeThere are some templates that come with the sdk, you can play with changing the parameters on them (the web server that runs with the sdk does not allow you to see them on your DVR)! You may enjoy playing with the xml JavaScript stuff in the templates, I suggest using the Windows XML Notepad 2007 which is free (there are quite a few xml tools but most seem to be really expensive)!
The best option is to have a PHP service (or whatever coding you use) available for code development, but I am retired and on fixed income so that is not really a viable option for me, I don't know your mileage? Also, that way, your widget could have access to a database of information for use like the Firmware widget. Then you can submit the url of your application via the SDK and it is available to all who have access to the widgets.:D

You did the keyword search WIDGETSON ?

Able to login to widgets.directv.com and add wigets to the receiver?

FYI - Got communication that the Widget server will be down for a few hours for a software update. Don't be alarmed if you cannot access the site or certain widgets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)