Happy 2nd Anniversary

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
This holiday season marks the second anniversary of the CE program that started in December 2006 when a simple man named Earl gave everyone a reason to believe there has hope for the HR20, when DirecTV gave us the first trial release enabling the over-the-air tuners. This initial release was known as Santa :)

Tonight we start a new CE cycle for the HR2x line, and look how far we have come.

Key CE tested features included OTA, VOD, Mediashare, and now multi-room viewing is in the works (just to mention a few).

I don't know what tonights CE release will hold, but just wanted to reflect for a moment.

Congrats to DirecTV on two years of the CE program, and on behalf of all the users, thank you for the dedication to perfecting the receiver product line.
Lastly, thanks to our members in the CE program, as without you, many of these features may have never come to be.

As a moment of personal reflection, I switched from Dish to Direct in October 2006, and received 2 HR20s. The receiver had just come out in August, and was buggy...very buggy. I remember watching the entire fall season in Sd, as the HD locals had just started launching (Spaceway 1) and Flint was not that early on.

Every discussion forum was up in arms for about 4 months wanting to know when OTA would be active. Directv promised it would, but had no timeline. The announcement of the Santa release to enable OTA on a test project was perhaps the most exciting and relieving announcement in HD-DVR history for directv customers. Man those were frustarting days.

Look how far we've come!

I had one of the first HR20's and man its come a long long way. Buggy but promising. I was a huge Tivo fan but Directv really shaped and molded this product into the best DVR in my opinon. And I've used most Tivo's, Windows Media Center, and Dish 622. I really do think the CE program had a huge impact on improving this product and helping customers.

Thanks D for the dedication it took to make these HR rec's a very good rec... it's come a long way from the beginning.
Also thanks for opening up the CE program so that those of us that decide to participate have the ability to see whats new FIRST and help clear the bugs out of the original software.

Thanks to Jason and Don and the others that help to inform us all thru the forums for which we would have no idea what was going on with D* otherwise :D

Have a Great Holiday guy's

Jimbo

Who knows, maybe it will be Elvis in January.

For those that weren't around, Elvis was the second CE following Santa, with about a 3 or 4 week gap. CE's used to be the exception, and weren't always on a Friday.

Who knows, maybe it will be Elvis in January.

For those that weren't around, Elvis was the second CE following Santa, with about a 3 or 4 week gap. CE's used to be the exception, and weren't always on a Friday.

I remember them, it started out being Tuesday's and Friday's I believe :)

Jimbo

2 years and no DVR MRV and no dual live buffers. 104 weeks of CE's and still waiting.

Has DirecTV EVER said they would have dual live buffers in their HD DVR's? No.

Has DirecTV EVER say they would have any MRV capabilities on their DVR's or STB's in 2008? No.

So you're upset that DirecTV hasn't delivered on something they never said they would? You just like to bitch don't you?

Has DirecTV EVER said they would have dual live buffers in their HD DVR's? No.

Has DirecTV EVER say they would have any MRV capabilities on their DVR's or STB's in 2008? No.

So you're upset that DirecTV hasn't delivered on something they never said they would? You just like to bitch don't you?

Considering that he hasn't had an HR2X series DVR for the entire time.

As a consolation, they did make some improvements to the buffer system that is closer to DLB. I have no reason to believe we'll ever see DLB on the HR2x like the old Tivos.

It may be a feature on the new Tivo receivers in 2009, so there is some hope.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)