H21-200 "Searching for Satellite Signal"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kirkbs

Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
I'm a self proclaimed novice to all things DirecTV (and HD) and I'm stumped by what my H21 receiver is doing.

Symptoms:
- "Searching For Satellite Signal" with the DirecTV logo pops up and won't go away.
- Looking into the very truncated setup menu, it shows that ALL of my transponders (101, 110, 119, 103(a) and 103(b)) are't working. All but the 103(a) show goose eggs or n/a, while the 103(a) displays "103(s) Signal Failed"

Troubleshooting completed:
- Reset button (multiple times)
- Powered down for many hours
- Removing BBC connector
- Re-installing all coax cables with a 7/16 wrench
- Taking H21 box to another room
- Inspecting all outside cables and connectors

Nothing worked. We did put our old D10 reciever where the H21 was and we can get SD programming no problem.

Any thoughts? I was thinking either the H21 went bad, or could the 5lnb slimline dish have a faulty "circuit" (sorry for the terminology...like I said, I'm a novice).

Does this mean I'm out $100? The DirecTV guy and his $70 charge will be here on Friday...any idea if he'd be able to hook me up with a new H21?

I may just bite the bullet and head to Circuit City and pick up an H21.

I guess you don't have the protection plan. ( neither do I) I would guess that there is a chance they may relpace the receiver for free. But I don't know that for a fact. Now take this with a big grain of salt (I did) I was talking to an install tech the other day about the recall of some H20s. He said that the same was true for H21s. I have never heard that from anywhere else before so I have my doubts. Now this guy didn't even know that HD comes from 99 and 103 and had never heard of an SWM. So his credentials are at least suspect in my mind.

We just hooked up another H21 and things are back to "normal". The rep on the phone said I should send the faulty receiver back...no mention of a refund...

We'll see, but I can at least watch the game now.

Thanks for the help.

If you have a H21 you should be leasing it, that would be a free replacement. Now what you are going to do with the replacement you just leased and the 2 yr. commitment you just started,that is your problem for being impatient.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)