H21 Screen Goes Black, but is Recieving signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

michaelalan

Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
I have a an H21-200 Reciever where some of my HD channels go black or grey. This is the second receiver that I have had and the second one to have the problem. Directv replaced the first reciever, but now the second one is doing it. What is happening is that on ABC, FOX, AEHD, HISTHD and others the screen is just black. However, if I record the program and fast forward it I can see the entire program has been recorded, but when I hit play it will play for about 2 seconds and then freeze frame. If I do not hit record or fast forward, I would not even know there is a signal being processed. I am wondering if there are others with this problem and does it have to do with the way the MPEG-4 is being written to the drive.

Any help would be appreciated.

That happened to me last week on Fox. I would get the banner - but all black with no sound. I reset the receiver and all was fixed. Hasn't happened since.

That happened to me last week on Fox. I would get the banner - but all black with no sound. I reset the receiver and all was fixed. Hasn't happened since.

Same problem here. I have had it happen since my install on 3/2. I have reset my receiver several times and it still happens. I am certain it is a signal issue, whether from the dish or what the receiver is picking up. I either get black from the start or it is working fine, then decides to get pixelization, then cut out to black. I have read around other forums and this seems to be an issue with viewing and recording.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)