H23-600 Loses Whole Home Connection to DVRs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gobearsnfl

Original poster
Feb 28, 2012
Arizona
Only happens to this one receiver. I can set network to defaults and reconnect but still nothing. I have to reset the receiver to regain connection. I am thinking my DECA might be the issue. Anyone else have this problem?

gobearsnfl said:
Only happens to this one receiver. I can set network to defaults and reconnect but still nothing. I have to reset the receiver to regain connection. I am thinking my DECA might be the issue. Anyone else have this problem?

Sounds like the deca or possible cabling is at fault. What length is the cable and how many splices are in it?

This happened to me.. the installer re-used and apparently did no checking of the existing wire... the ~100' run had a REALLY bad kink in it, causing a very marginal connection (also gave SAT strength readings in the lo 70s). After a few months, and probably the summer heat, the connection degraded enough that I had to have another tech come out.. we found the kink, and he was able to easily splice it out, raising the signal strengths significantly, and (knock wood), we haven't lost the connection to the HR34 since.

I had this happen too when they did not do my install correctly. They used the existing copper platted steal. It is not compatible for SWM they had to replace the wire with solid coper center conductor I believe the tech called it.

Yep, solid copper is the optimal choice because it supports the higher frequencies that swm needs to use.

If ANY of your in line parts (barrel connections, wall plates, or even crimp connectors instead of compression) are not high frequency, whole home performance goes down the toilet.

I had a Service call where two of the h25s would constantly disconnect from the dvr. Turned out the installer did not replace the wall plate connection with a blue or orange high frequency one.

I replaced them and reset and whole home worked perfectly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts