Installed new Slimine SWM5 LBNF single wire Dish - What switch can I use to get at least 16 tv's on

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shoprat

Original poster
Aug 4, 2012
Winter Springs, FL
Just installed a Slimline Dish with the single cable SWM5 LNBF. It came with the SWM -8 switch and 29V voltage inserter but I need more connections. The SWM 16 & 32 seem to be only for the 4 cable LNB dishes. Is their a switch on the market that will give me more than 8 tv connections for a single cable dish connection? Can I split dish signal into to swm-8's?

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

If you are using a swm lnb, then you are restricted to eight tuners. If you want more, then you have to use the regular lnb with four cables to a swm switch. Don't use the 29v power inserter with the swm lnb. It uses the 21 volt type. The 29 volt model is for a swm8/16. The swm32 uses 2 24v power inserters.

...and FYI you do NOT have an SWM8 switch. What you have is an SL5S dish (Slimline dish with an SWM LNB) and an SWS-8 splitter.

...and FYI you do NOT have an SWM8 switch. What you have is an SL5S dish (Slimline dish with an SWM LNB) and an SWS-8 splitter.

Since he said he has a 29 volt power inserter, I'm guessing he does have an swm8. You are right about not using it with a swm lnb.

or he was scared away, not to defend him but yea.... not possible buddy. That LNB can only handle 8 tuners, if you want 16 tvs, you NEED and SL5 LNB with at least a swim16 switch, possibly a swm32. if you have no dvrs, and dont plan on using dvrs, you can cascade 6x8s or 6x16s if done correctly. But you still NEED a different LNB than what you posted.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts