H23-600 not read 103 or 99 what happened??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

manuelpaz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
usa
hi, I tried to get the h23 to get all hd channels but (when i go to the hd channels is said port 1 looking for satellite) when i do the checking or configuration it showed me 101,110,119 good but 103 & 99 xx, dish is good, i put a 5 lnb slim lnb and i supposed to put the bbc but when the receiver said no bbc need it, is that ok??? or the hd box is not good now. i changed the lnb twice.

thanks guys.

H23's have built in BBC's so you're right there. You need to reconfigure the receiver. Go to sat. strength and right underneath that option is repeat satellite setup and select slimline 5 if it's not SWM. Do you currently have a slimline dish?

The H23 when you do the redo sat setup **should** automatically find what you have for a setup.

Iceberg said:
The H23 when you do the redo sat setup **should** automatically find what you have for a setup.

Isn't that only if it's SWM? I know every box I've installed defaults to slimline 5 unless it's SWM

I really dont remember. I thought when I hooked up a non swm LNB (3 LNB) it read properly

I know SWM does read it automatically

Iceberg said:
I really dont remember. I thought when I hooked up a non swm LNB (3 LNB) it read properly

I know SWM does read it automatically

I could be wrong, have been before but I'm thinking it defaults to slimline 5 unless the receiver was set to something already

Hutch1814 said:
I could be wrong, have been before but I'm thinking it defaults to slimline 5 unless the receiver was set to something already

Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. On new installs it defaults to slime5 unless software has been downloaded.

SA Holly Springs GA said:
Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. On new installs it defaults to slime5 unless software has been downloaded.

That's what I thought but I wasn't 100% sure. Thanks for clearing it up! :)

manuelpaz said:
hi, I tried to get the h23 to get all hd channels but (when i go to the hd channels is said port 1 looking for satellite) when i do the checking or configuration it showed me 101,110,119 good but 103 & 99 xx, dish is good, i put a 5 lnb slim lnb and i supposed to put the bbc but when the receiver said no bbc need it, is that ok??? or the hd box is not good now. i changed the lnb twice.

thanks guys.

Im confused. Did you put a bbc on when it said no bbc?

well i put the bbc but the receiver tell me not need bbc,but i have a slim 5 lnb ?

manuelpaz said:
well i put the bbc but the receiver tell me not need bbc,but i have a slim 5 lnb ?

The model you have have them built in. You don't need them but this is the only time a slimline 3/5 wouldn't need one

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts