H24 & 5LNB swm

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hellcat666

Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Buffalo
Hi, I self installed a 5 lnb slimline swm and H24 receiver...Now, I'm gettin Error 0030. I am temporary in Buffalo NY ( for 6 months) but my account is set in Florida where I live with my brother.
Now, after I set everything up, I am getting error 0030 suggentin to call D* to get a waiver.
I understand that I am not goint to get the local channels cause they are spotbeamed...but I should be getting the HD channel right? ..I am getting red Xs for 103 and 99.

Will the waiver will fix me up for these 6 months or the problem would be an aiming issue?

I'll appreciate any help !! I don't want to miss the world cup best games !! :(

Waivers are only used to get the Distant Network Service (DNS).

Did you select the correct dish/LNB when you set it up?
What are your signal strength values for all satellites.
I suspect that you aimed incorrectly.

I don't understand....99s and 103s are 0 but the others 99 and 103 are arour 90%.

So what exactly is the waiver for?...it is a temporal fix?

As I said the waiver is for receiving DNS. The NY or LA networks for those unserved. The 99s and 103s sats are the spot beams. Most could be zero.

I suspect that your alignment is off.

You have a 5LNB dish, so what are your strengths for 101, 110 and 119. Knowing these, will help us determine if you need a re-alignment.

101, 110 & 119 are around 95%....but the receiver (H24) get stuck in the system configuration check up...It shows 99 and 103 with red Xs ...if I press enter again indicates tha I need to call D* finalize the activation but all they do is a remote reset...the receivers were activated yesterday. One of the options in the right hand of the screen is "get a waiver"...I thought that could be the solution.

A frind of mine has the H22, and when this happen you have the option to continue...not the case with H24

101, 110 & 119 are around 95%....but the receiver (H24) get stuck in the system configuration check up...It shows 99 and 103 with red Xs ...if I press enter again indicates tha I need to call D* finalize the activation but all they do is a remote reset...the receivers were activated yesterday. One of the options in the right hand of the screen is "get a waiver"...I thought that could be the solution.

A frind of mine has the H22, and when this happen you have the option to continue...not the case with H24

Do you have the bbc's connected?

Hmmm, You said you were in Florida and now Buffalo ...
Personally, seeing it's a new account, I would have activated it while in Florida where you had the correct set up first and then taken it up.
You already knew that the locals would not come in.

Like JD said, the waiver option is useless in this instance, I would bypass it when this comes up if possible.

If you have red X's on the 99 and 103's you'll have that on the (S) side of things because it's looking for your locals coming off the (S Spotbeam) sat, what do you show for the 99 and 103 Conus sats ? Those are the ones you'll want to fine tune to get the majority of the HD stuff.

Status
Please reply by conversation.