H25

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rlorton

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 27, 2009
MO
Since it's getting to look like I'm going to have to buy a new receiver or go on contract and have them send me one, which box do I need? It appears, looking in their selection of services and equipment designators that the H25 is what I want. Is this the best choice or is there another box that'll do better? What is the FYI on the H25?
Ron

You need a SWM set up for it. You need DECA for internet hook up(it doesn't have an ethernet input) &/or MRV. It also doesn't matter how you get the H25,you'll still be under contract for 2 years from the time of activation of the box because you are "leasing" the box,not buying it. That includes eBay,you are still "leasing" the box.

Rlorton said:
Since it's getting to look like I'm going to have to buy a new receiver or go on contract and have them send me one, which box do I need? It appears, looking in their selection of services and equipment designators that the H25 is what I want. Is this the best choice or is there another box that'll do better? What is the FYI on the H25?
Ron

If its because the H20 has gone bad then it won't renew your contract. It'll be a service swap. No commitment added

If its because the H20 has gone bad then it won't renew your contract. It'll be a service swap. No commitment added

Could you "purchase(lease)" third party a H25 to guarantee you get the replacement you want for the defective receiver & then let the CSR know that that is why you are activating the box without extending or initiating a contract? Because there is no guarantee that you'll get the box you want if you just have DTV send out a replacement box.

royrdsjr said:
Could you "purchase(lease)" third party a H25 to guarantee you get the replacement you want for the defective receiver & then let the CSR know that that is why you are activating the box without extending or initiating a contract? Because there is no guarantee that you'll get the box you want if you just have DTV send out a replacement box.

I don't believe so. I'm not sure why when it comes to just HD somebody would choose. They're all pretty much the same IMO

As a refreshment from another post. I wanted to upgrade my service to HD, mostly because we bought a good 46" LED flat screen. Years earlier I bought as 3lnb dish from Solid signal and an H10 on E-Bay. Using a multi switch and diplexers I got the signal to my two boxes, the H10 and the dino box. We had an older Sony rear projector TV. All of my equipment was owned by me at that time. We had D turn on the HD, there were only a few channels and there was nothing of interest to us so I cancelled. In the meantime I took the H10 out of the house and put it in the motorhome replacing it with an H20, currently in place. All equipment at that point is still mine. Enter the new flat screen. Wifey was doing her monthly rant about how the bill keeps getting higher every year so I researched it a bit and found that by going to the basic package and activating HD we'd not lose anything we couldn't live without. I called D and they informed me that the world had changed since the dark ages when I tried HD the first time and none of my gear would work!! After hours on the phone (literally) and more hours with customer retention and one aborted visit by a contractor tech a real tech installed a new slimline ant and replace the dino box with a leased H23. Now, I still own my equipment except the new H23, it was all free and we've been enjoying HD ever since.
I really don't care if it's a H25 just that it'll provide the service I want reliably and hopefully not having to give D more of my dwindling pile of case to get it. Since this forum has a wealth of experience to offer I'm asking what gear is best for me? Particularly if I have to contribute more to D!!!
I've had a rough time with D virtually ever since I signed up but for my purposes they were the only game in town. Back when they announced their start up I was on the phone in a hot second and literally ripped the cable tv outfits cable out of the house and told them to come and get it. They are getting to be more like the cable companies all the time and I'll leave them as soon as someone comes up with a better system that fits my needs. I apologize for the rant guys but every time I open the mail I find their marketing guys have figure out another way to get their paws in my pocket!!
Ron

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)