New features
None

Improved/Updated
Energy Star stability
Pandora/YouTube stability (HR only)
Under the hood

Notes
If you revert to National, it will be to the blue UI
You will need to enter IAMANEDGECUTTER keyword search if first time STB updated to HD UI
You may lose your guide cache
Please allow up to 24 hrs to restore your full 14 day guide
Your STB may restart during idle time within the first 24-48 hours of CE download
Please do not report sluggishness or missing search results within the first 12 hours
Please send logs along with all reports, including MRV issues

New features
{CE:29:01} 0x058C/0X458C
Energy Star
YouTube and TV Apps launch icons
New key mappings
  • Trickplay will never work when the picture is in a window.
  • Playlist: {DASH} now brings up the Options menu (equivalent to {YELLOW})
  • Playlist: {PAUSE} now starts playing back the highlighted recording
  • Live TV/Recording Playback: {ENTER} brings up the mini-guide
  • Guide and Mini-Guide: {FFW} and {REW} now jump forward or back 12 hours (equivalent to {GREEN} and {RED})
  • Pressing {ENTER} on a highlighted program in your playlist will toggle it to KEEP and back, like {BLUE} button does now.
  • {DASH} now brings up the guide options while in the guide.
  • {DASH}-{DASH} no longer functions to delete an item from the playlist.

{CE:29:04} 0x0592/0x4592
Dvrs only: Pandora Radio

Improved/Updated
{CE:29:01} 0x058C/0X458C
My DIRECTV
Menu Icons
2 Second banner
Under the hood

{CE:29:02} 0x058D/0x458D
My DIRECTV
Menu icons
TV resolution Checkboxes

{CE:29:04} 0x0592/0x4592
Progress bar improved

{CE:29:06} 0x0596/0x4596
Energy Star OSD
Pandora launch (HR only)

I haven't done CE upgrade for a few weeks and I updated last-night to 0x599 It said something about Pandora under Extra but I don't see it.

I haven't ever gotten Pandora, either. I have two HR-24s and a regular 24.

have you followed the proper procedure to get the extras to add?

What the procedure. I got a notice when I hit guide after update that Pandora in Extras area but when I look its not there.

I have done all the procedures from the past. I have youtube and HD guide already.

What the procedure. I got a notice when I hit guide after update that Pandora in Extras area but when I look its not there.

I have done all the procedures from the past. I have youtube and HD guide already.

You will need to re-enter the iamanedgecutter keyword search to enable Pandora. See tip #7 of tips/tricks for details on how to enter the keyword. It will take several hours after the keyword search for Pandora to appear.

If you don't see "misc. options" under the Settings/Help screen, Pandora will not appear and the keyword needs to be re-entered.

My Pandora and YouTube disappeared with the installation of 0596 a couple of weeks ago. Patience and keyword searches had no affect. Downloaded 0599 at 11:40 last night and they returned immediately after the D/L was completed.

Does the icon show in the Extras section ?
You mentioned having the Youtube one, they typically come at the same time.

Hi all, new guy here. Few questions/comments

I did the d/l last night and I love the new guide. The Pandora is cool, the whole thing looks sweet and no problems here so far. The only thing that seems to be a step back IMO is the lack of the movie cover in the guide and/or in the info and also the star ratings of the movies. Sometimes the star ratings were way off but I thought for the most part they were pretty accurate and I watched a lot of really good movies I wouldn't normally of watched due to them being listed as at least 4 stars. Anyone know if those 2 features are gone for good or if DirecTV just wanted to see how much people liked them by taking them away and seeing how much feedback they got about it?

Also I noticed the actor's birthday, where they were born, and their picture is not on the guide anymore but I'm guessing that mine just hasn't finished loading as I believe I remember that being the case after a previous update.

BTW I love the forum so far. I found it while 2 techs were at my house doing a whole home that over 4 hours and I had all the equipment but just needed the swim and the deca installed! :confused: Was on here to see what exactly they needed to do and try to make sense of why it was taking so damn long! Also the HDUI hadnt been released where I live yet so I was also happy to find out a way to get that now, was tired of waiting after watching the video on it about a week ago.

Look forward to chatting it up with you all in the future! Thanks for any answers to my questions in advance!

Oh one final note: I have 3 HR21/700 one of which has a 1TB WD external added and Also have 3 of the HD receivers that look just like the HR21 but do not have DVR. My personal setup is the HR21/700 with the added hard drive, hooked up to 2010 Samsung 7.1 3D home theater system hooked up to a 2010 3D LED 240hz 40" Samsung TV. Xbox 360 250GB w/Kinect and a PS3. Before you guys give me hell about the home theater in a box I got, I couldnt turn it down after the deal Dell gave me on it. Also have a 50" Panasonic plasma, 42" LG LCD, and a 32" Sony Bravia. I will put a better breakdown of all my toys in my sig when I get some more time.

Having YouTube is nice, but after as search it should play every video it finds until you stop it. For example, on the Youtube app that I use, I do a Disneyland search for my son to watch ride videos. It comes up with the search results and I pick the top result, and when that video is done it immediately goes to the next video on the result list. This app stops after it plays the one video. Hopefully, later, it will have a play all feature.

I did the d/l last night and I love the new guide. The Pandora is cool, the whole thing looks sweet and no problems here so far. The only thing that seems to be a step back IMO is the lack of the movie cover in the guide and/or in the info and also the star ratings of the movies. Sometimes the star ratings were way off but I thought for the most part they were pretty accurate and I watched a lot of really good movies I wouldn't normally of watched due to them being listed as at least 4 stars. Anyone know if those 2 features are gone for good or if DirecTV just wanted to see how much people liked them by taking them away and seeing how much feedback they got about it?

Also I noticed the actor's birthday, where they were born, and their picture is not on the guide anymore but I'm guessing that mine just hasn't finished loading as I believe I remember that being the case after a previous update.

BTW I love the forum so far. I found it while 2 techs were at my house doing a whole home that over 4 hours and I had all the equipment but just needed the swim and the deca installed! :confused: Was on here to see what exactly they needed to do and try to make sense of why it was taking so damn long! Also the HDUI hadnt been released where I live yet so I was also happy to find out a way to get that now, was tired of waiting after watching the video on it about a week ago.

Look forward to chatting it up with you all in the future! Thanks for any answers to my questions in advance!

Oh one final note: I have 3 HR21/700 one of which has a 1TB WD external added and Also have 3 of the HD receivers that look just like the HR21 but do not have DVR. My personal setup is the HR21/700 with the added hard drive, hooked up to 2010 Samsung 7.1 3D home theater system hooked up to a 2010 3D LED 240hz 40" Samsung TV. Xbox 360 250GB w/Kinect and a PS3. Before you guys give me hell about the home theater in a box I got, I couldnt turn it down after the deal Dell gave me on it. Also have a 50" Panasonic plasma, 42" LG LCD, and a 32" Sony Bravia. I will put a better breakdown of all my toys in my sig when I get some more time.

This being your first CE, it can take 24 hours for the logos and other extras to load. Welcome to the world of CE!