H2x & HR2x for the Weekend of 12.16

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Pandora.jpg
Welcome message says - NEW: Power Saving & Pandora

I am not sure if this is normal or not. This is my very first time trying to download a CE. I have an HR24 with a 2TB hard drive upgrade. I initiated the download an everything went well, but when the receiver restarted it seemed like it was stuck at the "Step 1 of 2: Checking satellite settings..." screen. This was a new screen (the backdrop, etc.) so looked like it indeed downloaded a new version of the software (0592).

I let it sit for about 15 minutes the first time, and nothing was happening, so I rebooted the receiver, and it did the exact same thing. Finally after about 22 minutes or so, the screen flickered, but then went back to the same screen, and then it did the flicker again, and then finally it advanced to the next screen, and started with step 2 (Receiving satellite info...). It finally finished and everything looks good. Very cool! New HD GUI.

Question is, is it normal for the reboot to take this long? I am curious if it does this EVERY time now? Can my 2 TB hard drive upgrade have anything t do with this?

I am not sure if this is normal or not. This is my very first time trying to download a CE. I have an HR24 with a 2TB hard drive upgrade. I initiated the download an everything went well, but when the receiver restarted it seemed like it was stuck at the "Step 1 of 2: Checking satellite settings..." screen. This was a new screen (the backdrop, etc.) so looked like it indeed downloaded a new version of the software (0592).

I let it sit for about 15 minutes the first time, and nothing was happening, so I rebooted the receiver, and it did the exact same thing. Finally after about 22 minutes or so, the screen flickered, but then went back to the same screen, and then it did the flicker again, and then finally it advanced to the next screen, and started with step 2 (Receiving satellite info...). It finally finished and everything looks good. Very cool! New HD GUI.

Question is, is it normal for the reboot to take this long? I am curious if it does this EVERY time now? Can my 2 TB hard drive upgrade have anything t do with this?

If this is the first time for you upgrading to the new gui, it does take longer and also has Addl. software to d/l.

I do not know how large a HD people have been using , I currently use a 1.5 tb and had the same thing happen the first time, after that it goes right thru.

Please remember, don't keep anything REALLY important on your HD, if for some reason the EHD or the recvr goes bad, you'll lose your recordings.

If this is the first time for you upgrading to the new gui, it does take longer and also has Addl. software to d/l.

I do not know how large a HD people have been using , I currently use a 1.5 tb and had the same thing happen the first time, after that it goes right thru.

Please remember, don't keep anything REALLY important on your HD, if for some reason the EHD or the recvr goes bad, you'll lose your recordings.

In that scenario could you unplug the esata drive and use the built in drive in drive as a safety net?

Power saving feature has been on for several weeks since the first power saving CE download. Never missed a recording because of it.

Downloading 0592 to an HR24 and H25 now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)