H3 delete recording bug introduced in U308

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bookworm370

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
This may seem small but it's really a PITA if you have a few recordings to delete.
Try it and see. It's the same on the H3 and Joey 2.0's

In the past when you hit the Recall button to delete a highlighted tile, the screen would refresh and the next tile would be selected, thus allowing you to delete the next one or keep moving the cursor.

Since U308, once you highlight a tile, hit Recall to delete it, the screen refreshes and the currently selected tile is the Dish Anywhere tile if you are the on DVR list or the 1st recording if you happen to be deleting PTAT shows to unclutter the screen from the Dish Anywhere section.

Yes, I know that Dish Anywhere will auto delete shows, but I just don't want 4 screens of programs to scroll through in case I want to watch a PTAT show that I didn't have a timer set for.
So, IMHO this is a usability bug.

Once you delete a show using the Recall or Delete button on the old remote, the highlighted tile should be the next one not the 1st one in the list forcing you to scroll all over again.

Scott: If Dirt isn't monitoring this forum, is there some way to get this forwarded to someone in engineering or software development for Carbon?

As I said, before U308, it worked the natural way and the way you would expect. I think someone put in a screen refresh command in there somewhere so they didn't have to keep track of the pointer to the next show.
Either way, I would consider it a usability bug as it worked the old way in Carbon versions previous and also the HWS.

Thanks

Yes, I know that Dish Anywhere will auto delete shows, but I just don't want 4 screens of programs to scroll through in case I want to watch a PTAT show that I didn't have a timer set for.
So, IMHO this is a usability bug.

I do the same thing and this bug is aggravating.