H3 dvr percent remaining and folder count wrong??

JS_racer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2007
Twin Cities MN
Quirks in the folders, say 1 folder will show 5 items, but enter the folder and there are 2 things listed, back on and it then shows 2 on the folder icon. Rentals had 3 things, delete 1, then showed 0, enter folder then there are 2 listed. Strange.
Also the percent dvr shows 11% but deleting many things, and clearing the trash, that percent does not increase.

Any thoughts here guys?? On 334 still,
New hopper 3 setup, about a week old. Still not showing my ehd, debated 336 but updated yet.

Thanks much,
Joel

i have PTAT set to on, save for 8 days. some of the shows are saved, so then there is a copy of them moved out of the PTAT folder. so its in 2 locations.
this could be what causes the issue, trying to delete stuff from both places. not sure if i should leave everything in the ptat folder and just delete watched shows that are outside that.
my wifes folder shows 3 more that what is in there. if that count could be wrong, it could have more not deleted just listed ??

i could try ptat set for 2 or 4 days to keep, not sure if that goes back to clean up or not. could update to 336, see if my ehd is found. copy shows, then reset the hopper 3. Saving settings to remote from the tools screen.

strange, not sure what to do here. Thanks !!!

not sure if factory defaults or master reset would be a better option here.

also most of my recordings have the wrong original air date. all new shows from yesterday, show the day before. same for upcoming timers, they are a day off for new shows too.

Last edited:
Give it a few more days to settle in. The days being off on the recordings was a known bug that was talked about here and supposedly being addressed with 336. As for the percentage changing after deletion, it really doesn't change until the box actually deletes the programs, not us. I deleted a good bit of stuff once and the percentage didn't change, then overnight or 2 days later the percentage finally dropped.

This morning I moved to 336, transferred everything, then master reset the box
With remotes 40,50,52 the update wasn't working. Unpaired the 40 and 50 and the update went just fine.
The master reset took all my timers, folders, things like that from the remote, worked great.

There were recordings I could watch, couldn't put in or out of a folder and wouldn't delete, was strange.
If I was going to reset, I would rather do it 7 days in, vs 4 months in.

Now I have ptat 1 channel, 1 day, saved 2 days. Before it was the default everything for 8 days. Maybe this might help.

Still have original air date, 1 day before in the information. Still shows as new.
Any fix or it will fix itself ?? Is it from the guide data??
Thanks

The folder counts problem is a known issue at this point which has been widely discussed on these boards. At some point I imagine it will get worked out.

I guess my bigger point is that I wouldn't be worried that something is wrong with your unit that is unique. The H3 software has a few more quirks and bugs at this point than it's predecessors, but the hardware advantages are unbelievable.

Reactions: JSheridan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)