H3 morning reboot required

DJMooty

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 17, 2010
Florida
For the last two mornings, the H3 has refused to power on and display.
After a lengthy reboot, at least 3 Hopper is starting up, it works. Not sure if some multiple power on presses could be involved since I have noticed a fair amount of delay on normal startup.

For the last two mornings, the H3 has refused to power on and display.
After a lengthy reboot, at least 3 Hopper is starting up, it works. Not sure if some multiple power on presses could be involved since I have noticed a fair amount of delay on normal startup.

Please send me a PM so That I can help you troubleshoot this issue. Please include your Account #, 4 digit Pin #, R00, Bootstrap version, and the Software version.

Several of us are having to reboot the H3 if it has been turned off for longer than several hours. We have been told engineering is working on an update to resolve the issue. When I do reboot it I see a boot screen 2 or 3 times before it is actually is fully up. Not sure this is the same issue but seems similar.

Reactions: JSheridan
The 3 4 boot screens part is perfectly normal (its stupid but normal) once each for 480P,480I 720P and then 1080I.

EDIT: Actually it looks like it is 4 boot screens

Last edited:
Interesting, Sunday March 13, after 6 or 7 days of having to reboot every morning, the H3 came on correctly this morning. Still on SW U304 and boot 1010. Related to clock reset or program guide from Daylight savings?

Interesting, Sunday March 13, after 6 or 7 days of having to reboot every morning, the H3 came on correctly this morning. Still on SW U304 and boot 1010. Related to clock reset or program guide from Daylight savings?

Well, if it was related to DST it didn't work here in upstate NY. We still have the issue. Glad your's resolved!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)