H3 - Notification bar on guide, possible to disable?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

StringFellow

Original poster
May 19, 2012
USA
Is there a way of disabling the notification bar that is found at the bottom of the guide. The only option I see is "Show tips & Tricks Only" or "Show All".

It is a waste real estate and to date has provided absolutely no beneficial info. I believe on the HWS that you could disable the notification bar.

Reactions: D. Manley
I know it is user preference, so for me I've just learned to ignore it. If it took up more space then I could see the issue. But getting one more guide line won't be a big win anyway.

In answer to the OPs question, no, you can't turn it off. I know of nobody who likes it but someone must. Probably some designer that believes that there is but one vision of things....

Reactions: DWS44
I see no way of disabling it with the latest update. But, I agree. It needs to have the ability to be removed. Wasted space and not good design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: D. Manley
It something that will not be changing. DISH will be using it for advertising things that DISH needs to advertise.

However they promise it will not look like the DIRECTV guide. :)

Aren’t there other ways of advertising besides the guide bar? If anything, insert it occasionally within the guide itself. Not take up the entire bottom. Wish they would reconsider this decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably some designer that believes that there is but one vision of things....
I see Scott's response below but I was going to say that I'll bet Dish has "other" plans for that slot in addition to what is shown currently. Rest assured, it wasn't put there by a designer (or programmer) who thought it would be neat to have. It was imposed by someone with $$$ responsibilities, as in revenue generation.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)