How come some people won't get netflix till 2/18

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
They could have found issues with the software in U303 (not Netflix related) and the next update is planned for 2/18.

Your receiver could be marked to get the U303 update on the 18th.

There are a few reasons. The issue bluegras thinks has nothing to do with it. They aren't going to keep everyone from Netflix because there is a issue with the 4K content when all the other content plays fine.

Reactions: xfoneguy
Your Hopper missed the nighty download if you are getting that message. Make sure nothing is recording or set to record and put all your receivers in standby. The Hopper will automatically pull the update within 5 minutes.

What I can say is that the Netflix app is buggy as hell! Doesn't matter if your on the hopper 3 or the joeys. On my system, it sometimes takes 3 or 4 tries before it actually logs you into Netflix. constantly complaining about i might not have a network, or my internet isn't working. Which is total bull, because I can go to details and run a test and it hits all 3 Netflix servers and gives the green light with no issue. Plus the fact that my internet is rock solid and I never have issues with it. Even after the Netflix tests, it still complains about network issue and that maybe I need to reboot the joey or hopper. but if I just keep hitting retry it eventually works. Buggy Buggy Buggy. Hopefully this issue is reported and they are working on it along with 4k certification, etc....

I forgot to mention that 4 times now, my wife will call me into the room saying they were in the Netflix app searching for a movie to watch and it is just locked up. I eventually can get it to exit the app or just reboot the joey to fix it.

Netflix works on my new Hopper 3 but on my Joey 4K it says "Netflix will be available soon. Please check back after Feb 18th". I would think the the same app regardless of the device. Odd that it works on one device in the house and not the other!

Looks like the software version of the Joey 4K is from 1/25/2016. Hopefully this gets addressed soon.

Netflix works on my new Hopper 3 but on my Joey 4K it says "Netflix will be available soon. Please check back after Feb 18th". I would think the the same app regardless of the device. Odd that it works on one device in the house and not the other!

Looks like the software version of the Joey 4K is from 1/25/2016. Hopefully this gets addressed soon.
all i know that they working on it according to scott and should have it done on the 18th i hope for the 4k joey and the hopper 3

Hopefully it should be done by the 18th.

This is what I understand and this info is from coming from a few different people on the matter.

One of the big things that was holding the release of the H3 back was Netflix. While everyone knows that there were some bugs in the H3 they felt it was stable enough to release but were waiting on Netflix for the release. Once they found out that Netflix would not be ready for the release they released it the H3 by removing Netflix and gave the date that was given by Netflix for when Netflix would be ready so that was the date on the screen.

So Netflix in order to meet that date sent a version they certified for HD just to get Netflix on the box by the date they told DISH. So U303 was released to some folks and was supposed to be rolled out to all by Friday, however after it was released many people noticed 4K support was missing and contacted both Netflix and DISH about the omission. Netflix reps told those who inquired and said that the Hopper 3 was not 4K compatible. What Netflix was telling people is technically correct when looking at their list of compatible 4K devices, but is also wrong as well because once Netflix finishes their certification process it will be listed as 4K Compatible.

Because so many people contacted them (and DISH) the issue was escalated to both companies, so much so that DISH pulled the software roll out and felt it was best to hold back and that's why most folks still see a message say that its coming. Now DISH is just waiting for Netflix to do their thing. Will Netflix meet the announced date? That's anyone's guess. But I do know DISH did not want to put "COMING SOON" as they know they would be eaten alive here because coming soon sometimes never comes fast enough with DISH. :)

So I guess the ball is in Netflix's court now to release to DISH a version of the Netflix app which is certified for HD and 4K. Once DISH has that, then we will have that.

Again this is what I have pieced together talking from a few different people so hopefully what I am saying here in technically correct.

I for one am looking forward to having 4K through the Netflix app on my Hopper 3. :D

Hopefully it should be done by the 18th.

This is what I understand and this info is from coming from a few different people on the matter.

One of the big things that was holding the release of the H3 back was Netflix. While everyone knows that there were some bugs in the H3 they felt it was stable enough to release but were waiting on Netflix for the release. Once they found out that Netflix would not be ready for the release they released it the H3 by removing Netflix and gave the date that was given by Netflix for when Netflix would be ready so that was the date on the screen.

So Netflix in order to meet that date sent a version they certified for HD just to get Netflix on the box by the date they told DISH. So U303 was released to some folks and was supposed to be rolled out to all by Friday, however after it was released many people noticed 4K support was missing and contacted both Netflix and DISH about the omission. Netflix reps told those who inquired and said that the Hopper 3 was not 4K compatible. What Netflix was telling people is technically correct when looking at their list of compatible 4K devices, but is also wrong as well because once Netflix finishes their certification process it will be listed as 4K Compatible.

Because so many people contacted them (and DISH) the issue was escalated to both companies, so much so that DISH pulled the software roll out and felt it was best to hold back and that's why most folks still see a message say that its coming. Now DISH is just waiting for Netflix to do their thing. Will Netflix meet the announced date? That's anyone's guess. But I do know DISH did not want to put "COMING SOON" as they know they would be eaten alive here because coming soon sometimes never comes fast enough with DISH. :)

So I guess the ball is in Netflix's court now to release to DISH a version of the Netflix app which is certified for HD and 4K. Once DISH has that, then we will have that.

Again this is what I have pieced together talking from a few different people so hopefully what I am saying here in technically correct.

I for one am looking forward to having 4K through the Netflix app on my Hopper 3. :D
Just as long as you have enough download speed to use it! :D I know of at least one person on this website that is so looking forward to getting it and doesn't have anywhere close to what is needed to make it work.

Just as long as you have enough download speed to use it! :D I know of at least one person on this website that is so looking forward to getting it and doesn't have anywhere close to what is needed to make it work.

I have plenty of download speed, I'm more concerned with the bandwidth that a 4K movie uses. My ISP provider only allows 500gb of data download a month, I have seen some 4K movies pull 10GB for each movie or more!!

I have plenty of download speed, I'm more concerned with the bandwidth that a 4K movie uses. My ISP provider only allows 500gb of data download a month, I have seen some 4K movies pull 10GB for each movie or more!!
I wasn't singling you out in that comment. It is someone who is very vocal about it who is going to be very disappointed because he only has 6M download.

I wasn't singling you out in that comment. It is someone who is very vocal about it who is going to be very disappointed because he only has 6M download.
I bet his nickname begins with a "b" and ends with a "s." and is a type of music, and often found in Kentucky.

Reactions: Hall
I bet his nickname begins with a "b" and ends with a "s." and is a type of music, and often found in Kentucky.
at least you got the first b and s right :)scott is right i too is one who has contacting netflix and letting know what is going on.i think more and more people should let netlflix know the hopper 3 is 4k ready which i have told netflix numerous time about it.around here where i live about 100 miles from chicago there is not that many other providers where you can get fast internet. i wish there was.frontier only has 6mps main that is still too slow.mediacom has 15mps and their come through a fiber line,.

Reactions: bobvick
For Netflix connection issues.....

Restoring the settings backed up in the remote control fixed the issue for me. After the initial app launch, it seems to reset the internet settings to use MoCA instead of Ethernet, and you can't modify these settings after this bug kicks in. But you can restore everything from the remote (assuming there is a backup available). Netflix then worked perfectly for my Hopper3.

Side Note- my 4K Joey also has a Feb18 date for Netflix availability.

i too is one who has contacting netflix and letting know what is going on.i think more and more people should let netlflix know the hopper 3 is 4k ready which i have told netflix numerous time about it.
This will be pretty blunt but you or other *users* telling Netflix that the Hopper 3 is 4K-capable didn't mean sh*t. I'm sure they told you they'll "forward your comments" to the right people too, right?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Why is the Netflix app telling some people that have the u301 software they won't get Netflix until 2/18?

Mine said that because I missed the nightly update. I shut down all my receivers, went to work, and when I came home, the update had run and I had Netflix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)