Favorites List...

D. Manley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
United States
Trying to set up Favorites List but either I'm just missing the final step or there's a bug in the omelet.

List is named & saved & channels added. On screen instructions say hit back button to save & exit - manual that came with remote says when complete, highlight "Save" button however, there's no save button present. Following on-screen instructions to use "Back" button appears to retain the name given the list & added channels however, once I exit to TV, no way to access. Opening Guide & options there is only the same Favorite setup options as originally. It's as if the list is in limbo awaiting to be saved & I find no way to do do.

What am I missing?

Rather than a different post, has anyone been able to create a custom name for a Favorites list & have it "stick"? Mine reverts back to "List 1, 2, etc." no matter what.

Rather than a different post, has anyone been able to create a custom name for a Favorites list & have it "stick"? Mine reverts back to "List 1, 2, etc." no matter what.
I've successfully created a couple favorites list - each with their own name. Works just fine for me.

FINALLY solved the mystery! If the custom name has too many letters it will still appear in the Favorites setup box as entered but disappear as soon as you exit. It occurred to me this might be the problem so I just entered "Custom" as the name & Shazaam! I don't know precisely what the limit is but I'm fairly certain this is the problem I've been having.

FINALLY solved the mystery! If the custom name has too many letters it will still appear in the Favorites setup box as entered but disappear as soon as you exit. It occurred to me this might be the problem so I just entered "Custom" as the name & Shazaam! I don't know precisely what the limit is but I'm fairly certain this is the problem I've been having.
I have a name with 7 letters- yours was 8 i think - maybe that's the limit?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)