Dish Anywhere now mostly working on web interface.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bookworm370

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I got a pleasant surprise this morning. I check, just for grins, Dish Anywhere on my Mac with Firefox. I checked before on my PC and on IE, Safari etc. It would just show the receiver id (bottom left) and then freeze when you tried to pull up the guide data, play live, or see what programs you had on your receiver.

Well today, instead of the receiver id is saw that it said "Family Room" so I pressed the Guide tab. Instead of freezing it actually pulled up the real guide with NEW flags and all. And it also plays Live programming!
But also noticed the Family Room ID still had the gray dot to the left of it. I had a sinking feeling so when I pressed DVR, it came back with an error that the receiver is not connected. The message is at the bottom of this post. I haven't tried unplug yet as a recording is happening but it it doesn't clear up, I'll do that next.

Just curious for others, has your PC/MAC web Dish Anywhere started to work?
If so, progress is being made....
-----------

"Your DISH receiver must be online to access this feature. Please make sure your home's high-speed Internet access is functioning properly, and that your receiver is connected to the Internet.

If this problem persists, the following steps may help resolve it:
  1. Unplug your receiver's power cable for 10 seconds, then plug it back in
  2. Unplug your Internet router for 10 seconds, then plug it back in
  3. Try to manually reconnect with the button below"

Mine is still greyed out - my parents Hopper 3 was installed a week before mine and theirs is showing up and working so I am hopeful it will resolve itself in time. When was your H3 installed?

Mine is still greyed out - my parents Hopper 3 was installed a week before mine and theirs is showing up and working so I am hopeful it will resolve itself in time. When was your H3 installed?

Feb 4,16... I can't believe it only 8 days ago but it seems like forever! ;)

Not sure if they made a change to the web product or if U303 has had some effect. Dish Anywhere (the app) has always worked on my iPad and iPhone, but just not any laptop product.

Mine was on Monday of this week - so a few days after yours. DA works on my phone and tablet (both Android) but not on the web in Firefox, Chrome, MS Edge or Internet Explorer. I have the new update (Netflix works now) but still no DA web access. I am going to give it a few more days then look into it more if it continues not to work.

Dish Anywhere App not working on my iPhone or iPad. It's showing DVR recordings that are not there, and not showing recordings that are there.

Dish Anywhere sometimes gets confused with Slingbox on a PC, that is if you have ever had a Slingbox on that PC. I got D.A. to work on my desktop only after installing it on my Android Tablet first.

How long have you had the Hopper 3?

It was installed on Monday.....here's my thing. *I* personally can deal with the bugs. It's my HUSBAND who is technically challenged and is pitching a fit over how "we had something that worked and we had to get something better and now it don't work!!!" LOL

It was installed on Monday.....here's my thing. *I* personally can deal with the bugs. It's my HUSBAND who is technically challenged and is pitching a fit over how "we had something that worked and we had to get something better and now it don't work!!!" LOL
If it was just Monday, I'd give it a few more days to "settle in".

Reactions: DawnB
I had DA working on Ipad, Android tab, and Android phone first. No PC - didn't matter what browser. It took 4 or 5 days (I think) before it started working. It still showed the receiver ID but worked fine so that isn't necessarily a "sign" as to whether or not it will connect and play. Then a couple of days later, the receiver number changed to the name and everything is working fine now,

Had H3 installed Tuesday and DishAnywhere on PC started working on Friday. Not too bad. It worked from Android the same day though.

This was discussed a week or so ago to great extent ;). Accessing DA with a PC using IE, or Chrome can take up to a couple of weeks.. The receiver change has to go through Dish's internal system that appears to be only updated every couple weeks or so! Be patient- it will work eventually.. Don't beat your head against the wall as I did :)..
Gerry

It still didn't work this morning. About an hour ago I did the pull power plug with all Joey's in standby reset. I thought the Hopper died as I got the Hopper3 starting up screen about 7 times, about 3 more than normal, and then it went into acquiring signal. All the time my PC was on the DVR menu with the error code above to manually reconnect.

When the picture finally came on nothing changed on the PC until I went into settings, Internet, Network Details. It immediately went into the screen that says 'Configuring Joey's for.....' message. Simultaneously to that message, without me pressing anything on Firefox (it was on my couch table) the web screen refreshed and again, as if by magic, the gray Family Room dot went from gray to green and all the programs recorded on the Hopper just refreshed and came up on the PC.

So, was it just the power pull or the power pull combined with all Joey's off and going to the Network Details page that made the difference? I don't know but now my MAC Firefox Dish Anywhere works and sees all the recordings, primetime anytime, timers, etc.

I think it had to go through the configuring Internet screen for Moca connectivity for it to also connect to the Dish servers.

Just another pebble in the bag of tricks that at least worked for me.

Mine on HWS has been sporadic for six months. It may let me pull up My Recordings. But when I hit start over it goes to live TV or ERROR. On rare occasions it will actually play the recording I selected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)