H3 Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Deadlocked

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sorry if this info is posted anywhere else!

1. How much to outright buy the H3 and (I assume) 2 joeys?

2. If you outright buy them do you still have to pay the monthly fees? If so which ones and how much?

3. With a three TV household I would only need 2 joeys correct since the H3 would be connected to the third.

Right now I have a 622 and 211 which I believe is $14 total last I checked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sorry if this info is posted anywhere else!

1. How much to outright buy the H3 and (I assume) 2 joeys?

2. If you outright buy them do you still have to pay the monthly fees? If so which ones and how much?

3. With a three TV household I would only need 2 joeys correct since the H3 would be connected to the third.

Right now I have a 622 and 211 which I believe is $14 total last I checked.

I think you would have to check with a retailer (rather than Dish itself) - one of the largest mail order companies is selling the H3 for around $245 - not sure about the Joeys.

I think you would have to check with a retailer (rather than Dish itself) - one of the largest mail order companies is selling the H3 for around $245 - not sure about the Joeys.
and you very definitely would be paying all the same (monthly) fees to Dish. I believe the H3 is $15 a month and the Joeys are $7 each.

Well if I still have to pay the fees then I don't see the benefit of buying it outright. So that answers the first two.

Yes for 3 TVs you would need 1 Hopper 3 & 2 Joeys, as the Hopper would be attached to 1 TV, the fees would be $29.month ($15 Hopper & 2 x $7 for the Joeys). The "benefits" to buying the equipment outright would be no additional 2 year contract and you could do a self install if you wanted.

Well if I still have to pay the fees then I don't see the benefit of buying it outright. So that answers the first two.

The only benefit (as I understand it) is that you wouldnt automatically extend your contract another 2 years - I'm considering these same issues myself.

hey guys i have the installer coming between noon and 5pm tommorow i just went downstairs and looked at the node does the node have to be a solo node? i just want to make sure i will have to show him where it is.

hey guys i have the installer coming between noon and 5pm tommorow i just went downstairs and looked at the node does the node have to be a solo node? i just want to make sure i will have to show him where it is.
Just show him where it is and he will take care of everything. He is actually going to take the node out and replace it with a hybrid hub....

Just show him where it is and he will take care of everything. He is actually going to take the node out and replace it with a hybrid hub....
i just want to make sure i did not know which one he is going to put in?

Non of that will matter, he will change out that node with a Hub, and Hybrid LNB.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)