H3 switch status question

n0qcu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Earth
If the switch status is not progressing does that mean that the installer didn't use port 1 on the LNB?

Thanks

Yup, could be one problem. I had the same problem and he ran back and forth. He sheepishly admitted when he put the connector on, he did hook it up to Port 1 but didn't have enough center conductor length exposed to fully seat it. He cut, re-crimped and the status started working just fine.

Its been sitting and not progressing for about two hours now so as soon as the installer gets back I'll have him check. I know it did work on my H2 because I had that hooked up for a while while I was watching some stuff. (Both me and the installer had to go during the install to medical appointments) Just heard from him he's on his way back.

That was the problem on my installation, he installed the Hybrid LNBf and Dish 1000.2, removed the Ground block, installed the Solo Hub, then connected one of the two RG6 coaxes to the Hub. He had a 50-50 chance of getting it right, and he didn't pick the right one the first time. My tech replaced about 25' of my original RG6 quad-shield from my original Dish 2000 installation from 1996, but when that didn't fix it, I came to SatelliteGuys and had the answer in a matter of minutes.

Hope this is what's going on with your install!

I've found that the initial Check Switch that the Hopper3 does automatically is problematic.

What seems to work better is going right to the Diagnostics screen on power up -- pressing the Home button 3 times on a 52.0 remote.

Once in the Diagnostics screen, do a Test Installation.

I've found that the initial Check Switch that the Hopper3 does automatically is problematic.

What seems to work better is going right to the Diagnostics screen on power up -- pressing the Home button 3 times on a 52.0 remote.

Once in the Diagnostics screen, do a Test Installation.

Problematic how?

Its been sitting and not progressing for about two hours now so as soon as the installer gets back I'll have him check. I know it did work on my H2 because I had that hooked up for a while while I was watching some stuff. (Both me and the installer had to go during the install to medical appointments) Just heard from him he's on his way back.
Did you get it working?

That was it the tech hooked his jumper for the meter to port 1 and the line to the house to port 2.
Swapped them and the switch test was done before he got off the roof.

Problematic how?
The 1st "automatic" Check Switch seems to just grind to a halt if LNBF Port 1 is not connected.

When you go through the Diagnostic screen Test Installation, the "Wrong LNB" message will appear during the Check Switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)