End 3 minutes
Priority High
Keep 20

3 Minutes at the end let's some shows get cut off so I have changed it to:
Start 1 Minute
End 15 Minutes
Priority Low
Keep All

However after a few days they will change back by themselves.
After resetting the hopper (pulled plug), and setting the defaults over and over I have reported it to Dish and been told it's a known issue, they are working on.

Does anyone else have this issue on their Hopper3?

I have an H3 on U521 and the timer defaults keep getting changed to:
Start early 1 minute
End 3 minutes
Priority High
Keep 20

Start 1 Minute
End 15 Minutes
Priority Low
Keep All

After resetting the hopper (pulled plug), and setting the defaults over and over I have reported it to Dish and been told it's a known issue, they are working on.

Yes, I've seen the same problem.

Yes, and it is not just a Hopper 3 issue. This keeps happening all of the time on my Hopper Duo and Wallys, and it drives me nuts. My workaround for the Hopper Duo is to log into Dish Anywhere and use the online guide to set timers, since Dish Anywhere remembers my custom timer default settings. Unfortunately for me, there is no such option for the Wally. :(

I have an H3 on U521 and the timer defaults keep getting changed to:
Start early 1 minute
End 3 minutes
Priority High
Keep 20

Start 1 Minute
End 15 Minutes
Priority Low
Keep All

Yup; this started with the new software U521. Also if you change timer priorities, when you get back to your DVR menu it won't show the red box to select anything and you have to reboot. Also now suffering from random lockups you can't get out of unless you reboot and while you're just watching TV (live or DVR, doesn't matter) sometimes the screen goes to black and then the Hopper3 reboots. Someone sure made a coding boo-boo.

Yup; this started with the new software U521. Also if you change timer priorities, when you get back to your DVR menu it won't show the red box to select anything and you have to reboot. Also now suffering from random lockups you can't get out of unless you reboot and while you're just watching TV (live or DVR, doesn't matter) sometimes the screen goes to black and then the Hopper3 reboots. Someone sure made a coding boo-boo.
Wish I had a Hopper instead of the VIPs....
DISH has a long lineage of updates that break things.

Sent from my KFDOWI using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: charlesrshell
... Also now suffering from random lockups you can't get out of unless you reboot and while you're just watching TV (live or DVR, doesn't matter) sometimes the screen goes to black and then the Hopper3 reboots. Someone sure made a coding boo-boo.

I have 3 Hopper 3's here and can't remember the last time I had a lock-up, black screen or spontaneous reboot. You might have another problem. Is your Hopper 3 cool enough?

Pull the trigger. You will love the Hopper 3.
Going by using my Daughter's I'm sure I would but my VIP's have been so great and void of problems I'd rather have those...plus the redundancy. I'm sure they have been great exactly because they no longer get updates. :)

Sent from my KFDOWI using the SatelliteGuys app!

I have 3 Hopper 3's here and can't remember the last time I had a lock-up, black screen or spontaneous reboot. You might have another problem. Is your Hopper 3 cool enough?
Yup; purrs like a kitten. Had no major issues until this last software update.

And don't tell me software has nothing to do with the operation of the receiver like DirecTV CSRs used to tell me after AT&T bought them when the multiple boxes in my house would get new software and go wild ;)

Yup; purrs like a kitten. Had no major issues until this last software update.

And don't tell me software has nothing to do with the operation of the receiver like DirecTV CSRs used to tell me after AT&T bought them when the multiple boxes in my house would get new software and go wild ;)

Of course software has a LOT to do with the operation of the unit, but we're all pretty much on the same software but you seem to be the only one reporting this:

Also now suffering from random lockups you can't get out of unless you reboot and while you're just watching TV (live or DVR, doesn't matter) sometimes the screen goes to black and then the Hopper3 reboots.

That's what I was responding to. Let me ask again, is your Hopper cool enough?

Of course software has a LOT to do with the operation of the unit, but we're all pretty much on the same software but you seem to be the only one reporting this:

That's what I was responding to. Let me ask again, is your Hopper cool enough?
I already answered this question. H3 Timer Defaults keep being changed

And if the Dish diagnostic screens gave me a unit temperature (like its DirecTV counterparts) I'd report that but they don't.

Basically the Hopper3 has been working fine since install (except for the occasional guide screw-ups) until I got the latest software update on August 8th. I honestly don't know what is causing my current issues but logic compels me to conclude it's not heat related and started after the software update so...

And as I'm typing this I'm moving some programs around my roommates recorded in the wrong folders and now the DVR menu red selection box is missing again.

I already answered this question. H3 Timer Defaults keep being changed And if the Dish diagnostic screens gave me a unit temperature (like its DirecTV counterparts) I'd report that but they don't.

Unless you typed in invisible fonts I don't see where you posted that you're keeping your Hopper cool. It's pretty easy to tell if it's hot or not, just go over to it and touch it.

I still don't see anybody else reporting the lock ups and other serious problems that you elude to. Your software is the same as most everybody else's so if you have all these problems and nobody else does then it's very apparent that the problem is probably not the software so it's probably something else.

Good luck to ya.

Unless you typed in invisible fonts I don't see where you posted that you're keeping your Hopper cool. It's pretty easy to tell if it's hot or not, just go over to it and touch it.

I still don't see anybody else reporting the lock ups and other serious problems that you elude to. Your software is the same as most everybody else's so if you have all these problems and nobody else does then it's very apparent that the problem is probably not the software so it's probably something else.

Good luck to ya.
It is not hot to the touch and I feel a slight vibration which I'm guessing is either the cooling fan, the hard drive or maybe both. It is not in an enclosed cabinet, enjoys free air flow and the room temperature is a constant 76° I'm having my dish moved off the roof today before my repairs and I plan on having the tech take a look just in case.

And you asked me "Is your Hopper 3 cool enough?" not "Are you keeping your Hopper 3 cool enough?"

Tech checked all the wiring, plugged in his phone and ran diagnostics on the Hopper; no issues. But I did show him the default timer setting issue (we set it to what I wanted, backed out of the menu and went back in and it was back to 1/3 mins, priority first and keep 20) and the change timer priority and then no red select box on DVR menu

Tech checked all the wiring, plugged in his phone and ran diagnostics on the Hopper; no issues. But I did show him the default timer setting issue (we set it to what I wanted, backed out of the menu and went back in and it was back to 1/3 mins, priority first and keep 20) and the change timer priority and then no red select box on DVR menu
So what did he say to that?