H318 HOPPER 3 update.

Good luck with that! :D
No kidding!!! He told me I needed to replace my H3. I asked him if he was reading a guide for customers with Q & A to solve my problem or if he was indeed a tech, he kept on with my H3 was the problem.

After telling him several times the problem arose with the H318 Software version, he told me he was going to pass the info to another tech!!!

I told him thanks, he said they would email me with a fix (((RIGHT)))

Updated to H318. Multiview no longer works as intended.

The bottom left box is blank (black screen) Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
Yeah, it's bad. You can select the blank quadrant, and it will properly bring up the intended channel full-screen. However, when you do that, it breaks Multi-View completely. I tried to bring Multi-View back up again with no success. Then, I switched to the regular (Small) PIP and back to Multi-View. This resulted in only having video in the upper-right quadrant, with no audio, and no way to change channels. I had to reset the Hopper 3 to resolve this issue. After the reset: lather, rinse, repeat.

Yeah, it's bad. You can select the blank quadrant, and it will properly bring up the intended channel full-screen. However, when you do that, it breaks Multi-View completely. I tried to bring Multi-View back up again with no success. Then, I switched to the regular (Small) PIP and back to Multi-View. This resulted in only having video in the upper-right quadrant, with no audio, and no way to change channels. I had to reset the Hopper 3 to resolve this issue. After the reset: lather, rinse, repeat.
Yep, I told that so-called rep that if you select the black screen you end up in a bucket full of dying nightcrawlers. His reply, I don’t understand… LOL!

Methinks H319 will be coming soon. A real soon, not a Dish soon…..
It would be nice if it would also fix the Pandora app issue I reported in another thread. H318 sure didn't do it.

With Multi-View being the only major issue reported here so far, I am about 50/50 on the odds of whether Dish sees this as a major priority that needs to be fixed right away with a new software release. If there were other major issues, then I would definitely agree. I would even go so far as to say that the rollout of H318 would have been halted by now, if that were the case.

Reactions: MikeD-C05 and LQQK
Maybe it’s hard for Dish to hire first or second rate programmers today. Lotta startups with promises in the form of stock options. Tesla. SpaceX. Legacy automakers for those not able to make the first cut. Many corporations. And for those at the bottom, Blue Origin and Lordstown and Nikola and Canoo and….

Remember these are mostly internet connected boxes which are running UNIX, and because of this there are patches to fix UNIX security holes. In addition there are driver updates for Chipsets which like UNIX updates are not written by DISH. Because of both of these things sometimes things get broken on the DISH side which is totally unintended.

I was told this is what happened here and they are aware of the issues and are looking at fixing them.

Well, it looks like they may have paused the rollout. I'm normally in the 1st wave and it's been 4 days not and I'm still on 317. So possibly cooler heads prevailed and the updates are paused until 319.

X'ing my fingers.
I was judging by the fact that my Hopper 3 is still on H318, and still tells me that H318 is the latest version. I remember one particularly bad update last year when Dish actually reversed the update, sending receivers with that version back to the older version. If the issues were truly as bad as those posted in this thread (including my own posts) are being made out to be, then something similar would have happened again already.

I only asked about the Multiview issue while I was there.

Pandora is on there own. Its is up to them to keep their app updated. It is one of the reason why DISH is moving to the Android Platform as app makers do not like making updates for a platform that is so small with users who actually use them.

Pandora is on there own. Its is up to them to keep their app updated. It is one of the reason why DISH is moving to the Android Platform as app makers do not like making updates for a platform that is so small with users who actually use them.
I hear you. Pressing the Info button twice in a row while in the Hopper Pandora app reveals that the last update for this app was released on 11/17/2021. So, that likely makes this the six-month anniversary of when this song-skipping issue reappeared. In other words, not very frequent updates for Pandora, compared to some other apps on the Dish receivers.

Well, it looks like they may have paused the rollout. I'm normally in the 1st wave and it's been 4 days not and I'm still on 317. So possibly cooler heads prevailed and the updates are paused until 319.

X'ing my fingers.
Same with me and I tried to do the upgrade over the wknd. Didn't work still on 317. Had everthing going haywire and I finally had to unplug and wait to reset get everything to get back to normal.
Not doing that again.

something is wrong with netflix Dolby digital, I have my Optical out sent to my AVR cause it dont have HDMI. and nothing on netflix come out DD it all stereo.

dish channels get DD if the icon is there in the guide, and amazon prime video get DD but netflix it just stereo only now

something is wrong with netflix Dolby digital, I have my Optical out sent to my AVR cause it dont have HDMI. and nothing on netflix come out DD it all stereo.

dish channels get DD if the icon is there in the guide, and amazon prime video get DD but netflix it just stereo only now
I've read about this on the portal that us techs use.

Reactions: charlesrshell