Hacking the Pansat 2700a....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wildeye

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
I know the pansat has a com port. I was wondering is possible to access motor control through the port. I would like to use it with my dvb setup. That would would make life easier.

Are you trying to remotely control the motor via the receivers RS-232 port? Using software on a PC to control your motor?
That's what I would like to be able to do. I could slave out the setup top box use it for blind scanning and motor control.

Just use the Set top FTA box for motor control and run the IF out to your PC DVB card.

I'm doing that now. But wouldn't it be nice if it could be remotely controlled with software. With IF out you only get V or H signal you get up and change it.

I'm doing that now. But wouldn't it be nice if it could be remotely controlled with software. With IF out you only get V or H signal you get up and change it.

Some boxes if you switch the power off on the back will allow the slave receiver to control polarity.

It is worth a try.

dreambox 500s are opensrc and support usals, if you know a little about code you could probably compile a plugin to make this work for you. it has an ethernet port as well if you find that easier to control your dreambox with.

you could do it with no software change if you use the webif and choose a channel on the sat your looking for, then the ird will move the motor automagically for you.

I run my Genpix DVB device behind my Fortec. When I'm not blind scanning I have the Fortec switched off. The Genpix switches the polarity and is able to drive the motor too!

Don't turn off the receiver in the back just push the power button on the remote or front panel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)