European Fortec Receiver Flashed now not receiving

Status
Please reply by conversation.

neighbor

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 6, 2006
I have a European Fortec Lifetime Ultra Receiver bought on fleabay. I had it working for receiving Free to Air Programing, but did not like not having North American Satellites listed and did not like having the "hacker" software on it which it came with so I flashed it to a factory bin. (I do not consider myself a newbee, I have flashed receivers before to update the factory bin.) After loading the factory software the receiver will blind scan, pick up the frequency, polarity, and symbol rate of active transponders but then comes up with "0 programs found". The same is true with using an advanced scan on a known strong channel. Signal strength (quality) is over 90%, LNB type is correct, LNB power is on, no switches. . . I have another fortec lifetime ultra which works fine with the same settings, dish and LNB. It is like this receiver now gets the signal but can not decipher it even though it is FTA. (I am on AMC4 trying to get 3ABN.) Thanks for any suggestions.

European Fortec now working in North America

Just a follow up on this post for anyone else with this problem. My European Fortec Lifetime Ultra is working. I have this European receiver flashed now with the PAL version of firmware and it is working fine here in North America. I had thought that the only difference was is the setting for which type of tv, but apparently there are other differences as well as it would not work with the NTSC firmware. Once the receiver was flashed with the PAL version I had to switch it to NTSC by using the MENU and ARROW keys on the remote. To switch from PAL to NTSC within the menu on the current version on the fortec website (7.23 version 6.0) you neen to press MENU, then DOWN ARROW four times, then RIGHT ARROW until your tv picture stabilizes.

Hi neighbor,

Thank you for taking the time to drop by and post an update. I'm sure that at some point, somebody else will run into the same issue and your post will assist them :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hacking the Pansat 2700a....

SPDIF cables

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)