Had 119/110 for years, and now only have 119.

kckcjl94

Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
east coast
hey guys, first time posting. i have a dish 500 with a DP twin that i had professionally installed, and had a 80-90ish signal for 110 and 119. A few days ago I come back home fromt he weekend, and now I'm only getting 119.

I'm fairly confident the satellite itself hasn't moved, there are other dishes around, and the settings are fairly close. I've ran a check switch, I noticed that someone had ran a line from the splitter at the dish, and when I disconnected it, strangely mine went out. I hooked that line back up and my signal came back (but still without the 110)

I live in an apartment building, so the tangle of wires near the building is a complete mess. My idea was that the lnb was going bad, but today when I went to take a look, the line that I was almost positive before was mine had a quite a few rips and tears even into the metal a little of the cable, I can only assume from a weedeater. Would damage to the cable really keep one sat from coming through or should I focus on testing another lnb?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Yes a weed eater could definitely cut into your coax. Any cuts into the coax can and will kill your satellite signal of one or both of the sats. Sounds like it is time to replace the cable or the lnb if it is also going out for just 110. Call DISH & get a tech to come out .

well it's an apartment complex, so they run multiple apartments off of each dish. the splitter has been there since the beginning and caused no problems. i guess i'm goign to get a barrel connector and get rid of the cut part of the coax and then if that doesn't work try a diff lnb. thanks

hi freq barrel

well it's an apartment complex, so they run multiple apartments off of each dish. the splitter has been there since the beginning and caused no problems. i guess i'm goign to get a barrel connector and get rid of the cut part of the coax and then if that doesn't work try a diff lnb. thanks

Get a hi freq barrel connector. It has blue inside not the clear color.

Regardless of apartment, or not, or how many receivers may be hooked up to the dish there should be no splitter in the sat system. If it is there someone was hacking. If you have a Dp (or Legacy) Twin I suggest running a coax straight from the LNB to your receiver. If you have two separate LNBs on your dish then you will have a switch (probably a 21 switch). You can test the latter set up by reversing the cable on the switch. If you now loose the 119* (after you run a check switch) then the switch is bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)