Had a good morning, I think.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Greysquirrel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
Went to get some 2" schedule 40 for a post and the local plumbing supply house sent me to a small steel fabricator that would cut to length, as it happens they just bought at auction a load of sch. 40 and had black or galvanized, the black was two dollars a foot and the galvanized was four, I bought 8' of black as by the time it would rust through I will long gone, they also drilled two 3/8 inch holed through it so I can put a couple of 10" landscape spikes through to help it from turning, so for $20 I got the pipe, 2 holes or in fabricators language 4 as they went through and the guys even loaded it into my van, so I think that was a good deal.

Now on to Lowes for some 60# concrete mix, they want $5.47 a bag which I thought was a little high, so on to Home Depot where they are selling for a limited time 60# Sakrete concrete mix for $2.98 a bag which I know is a good price, so I think I make out pretty good so far in supplies.
Now I have to wait for morning when it is cool to do the work as it is 80 in my back yard right now and as I'm a geezer and have nothing to do and all day to do it in I can wait a day or two.

Status
Please reply by conversation.