Had a minor stroke last week this is not fun.

Mostly just left side left arm and leg just barely usable
Sorry to hear that. Had an ex co-worker that went through that when she was about 55. She's almost back to normal after years of therapy. So, it is possible to bounce back from it, if you do the therapy they recommend.

Good luck, and I hope all will be well.

I had a real minor one 20 years ago. My left foot was paralyzed. Fortunately about three weeks later it snapped out of it. But the pain ensued from dragging the foot and leg around for weeks. Therapy is always key to recovery.

My best friend had 3 TIAs and got some thorough testing done. It turned out he had a hole in his heart from birth! It's called a ventricular septal defect, and it's treated with a little umbrella-like plug that is inserted into the hole and opened.

My best friend had 3 TIAs and got some thorough testing done. It turned out he had a hole in his heart from birth! It's called a ventricular septal defect, and it's treated with a little umbrella-like plug that is inserted into the hole and opened.
I had a TIA at work 25 years ago, as I walked into an elevator. OMG, I felt like somebody came up behind me, and clocked me with a 4lb hammer, or like I had been shot in the head. All sorts of flashing lights, head felt like it was exploding inside, sick to my stomach, and I literally couldn't do anything except lean against the wall and wait it out. I was way overweight, and found out later my BP was about 160/130 (HIGH stress job also). That's part of what lead to my being tested for sleep apnea.

Never had another one since then, thank God.

• Wow
Reactions: TheKrell
Yeah his help is coming in very handy start therapy next week in the meantime I just shuffle around. Hardest thing yo do is make espresso and get the cup to my recliner without spilling or wearing it!
My wife's sister suffered from Parkinson's. She used a travel mug with a lid that sealed to move her coffee from the machine to her recliner. Once there, the small opening pretty much prevented any spilling as well as keeping the coffee warm longer.

Sorry to hear Lloyd, I hope you over come this quickly.

Yeah his help is coming in very handy start therapy next week in the meantime I just shuffle around. Hardest thing yo do is make espresso and get the cup to my recliner without spilling or wearing it!
Yes we want to get back to regular things for sure and coffee is a great start to the day. You are brave. Expresso is too much for me but 3 cups coffee yum.

Reactions: TheKrell
My doctor keeps telling me that I need to find things that reduce my stress or I could have a stroke. I told my wife that my doctor just wrote me a prescription for a new boat. :oldlaugh

Be well, Lloyd. If you were nearby I'd give you a travel mug so you don't spill your coffee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)